• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Western PA/Pittsburgh Winter 2021/22 Discussion

meatwad

If anyone is still model watching for the rest of the night. I think we can throw out the 3K. Not initializing well with the precip that is currently falling. The swath of freezing rain is much larger than the thin line depicted on the model. So im not sure how well you can take it for the amount of snow over night. 

Just now, MikeB_01 said:

If anyone is still model watching for the rest of the night. I think we can throw out the 3K. Not initializing well with the precip that is currently falling. The swath of freezing rain is much larger than the thin line depicted on the model. So im not sure how well you can take it for the amount of snow over night. 

Heading to bed shortly. I fully expect to wake up to 6+ inches of fresh, white gold.

• Like 2

Just now, Rd9108 said:

Atleast you should be done with ice.

Yes just scraped both cars about a tenth of an inch on the windshield. Had to pry open the doors but got them open. About 1/4” of sleet. Now all snow but very dry and small flakes. Been doing that for 20-30 minutes and no accumulation. 

2 minutes ago, MikeB_01 said:

The crazy thing is that If i take the HRRR verbatim, I have 6-7 more hours of ZR. 

I just went outside, and hearing the trees move in the wind with the ice is a real sickly sound. If it does this for a few more hours there will be massive issues.

4 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

I just went outside, and hearing the trees move in the wind with the ice is a real sickly sound. If it does this for a few more hours there will be massive issues.

I remember growing up in Lancaster county and hearing that sickly sound during the many ice storms of the 1990s. Still makes me cringe.

6 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

I may troll (no surprise) but I had a feeling it would be awful out there tonight. Surprisingly my company hasn't had any accidents yet.

1 minute ago, Rd9108 said:

I may troll (no surprise) but I had a feeling it would be awful out there tonight. Surprisingly my company hasn't had any accidents yet.

I am NOT going in to work on time tomorrow. I will have several good excuses, such as I can't even get out of my parking lot and I can't get into my car.

1 minute ago, KPITSnow said:

I am NOT going in to work on time tomorrow. I will have several good excuses, such as I can't even get out of my parking lot and I can't get into my car.

yeah I don't blame you. To be honest the kids shouldn't have been off today. If anything if needed use an early dismissal. tomorrow looks like atleast a 2 hour delay will be warranted.

Just now, Rd9108 said:

yeah I don't blame you. To be honest the kids shouldn't have been off today. If anything if needed use an early dismissal. tomorrow looks like atleast a 2 hour delay will be warranted.

Looks like we are still snowing pretty good in the morning based on the latest. I can't imagine kids are in school tomorrow. 

I think its ok that the called it for today. My temp sat at 32.7 all damn day. Imagine if that was just 0.7 cooler. Might have been way more issues. Better safe than sorry!