Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Western PA/Pittsburgh Winter 2021/22 Discussion

meatwad

7 minutes ago, MikeB_01 said:

To be totally honest, this storm looked like a slam dunk from day 5 out to last night. The only model that held out was the NAM. I dont blame the mets because there was enough evidence in the models to support their 8-12. Honestly, we can still get to 8. Low end, sure but we can still get there

But like KPIT said, they should have acknowledged our climo.  It is always a possibility.  Credibility could take a hit if overnight snow does not arrive like it was supposed to.

4 minutes ago, blackngoldrules said:

I'm not going to rehash my story again but I've been through a lot personally in my life the past couple of years and I've learned that you can't sweat the things you have no control of. There are much worse things that can happen in life than missing out on snowstorms and I unfortunately know this all too well. I used to watch snowfalls with my wife out of our patio window. She loved the snow too. I can't do that anymore with her and it hurts. A lot. Always will. So, I no longer let this kind of stuff get to me anymore. Instead, I'd rather just enjoy a hobby now that I kinda got away from for a while. Enjoy the tracking. Enjoy the anticipation. Hope a storm can bury us. If it doesn't. I just move on to the next one. Whatever happens happens.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

THIS :guitar:

I know we go way back and I remember you saying this once before. Way to put things in perspective. 

• Like 1

I honestly just can't buy that we get anything more than a few more inches. The radar looks awful and its going to take hours for the backside to pivot through. The HRRR continually said we should have had 7 or 8 inches on the ground already while I'm not sure if I have three.

It is what it is at this point. I'm not sure we even get to a warning level even. Maybe the airport will being on the west side of the county but this is a huge bust and will go in with some of the bad ones we've had.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KPITSnow said:

I honestly just can't buy that we get anything more than a few more inches. The radar looks awful and its going to take hours for the backside to pivot through. The HRRR continually said we should have had 7 or 8 inches on the ground already while I'm not sure if I have three.

It is what it is at this point. I'm not sure we even get to a warning level even. Maybe the airport will being on the west side of the county but this is a huge bust.

I will gladly take just a few more inches at this point!

1 minute ago, MikeB_01 said:

Maybe. Up to 7.5 by hour 13. 

Not reducing them by much. Seems to have a lot of faith in the deform band that rolls through in the early hours of the morning

I guess we will see. It has been absolutely terrible though with this storm. Showed 8 inches by this point. Showed the dry slot filling in. 

1 minute ago, KPITSnow said:

I guess we will see. It has been absolutely terrible though with this storm. Showed 8 inches by this point. Showed the dry slot filling in. 

This is true. And it isn't initializing great, because it pretty much shows the dry slot much further south than what it is.