Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Western PA/Pittsburgh Winter 2021/22 Discussion

meatwad

36 minutes ago, Ahoff said:

You missed the point.  No storm had p-type issues last year.  That’s remarkable here.  So, p-type isn’t always an issue.  The next one may be fine.  Could be next weekend at that.

Not to be a contrarian, but there was the mid-Feb one where rain went like 100 miles further NW than modeled. But it is incredible that we avoided p-type issues in all the other storms.

2 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

The new HRRR just completely obliterated our totals. It basically gives AGC nothing for the next 6-8 hours.

Edit: maybe 2 or 3 inches. We are going to be relegated to praying for wraparound snow.

I can't even keep up w this anymore. Someone just posted 10 min ago saying the HRRR just showed 8-10" more lol 

• Like 1

Just now, MikeB_01 said:

but at the same time, the current HRRR does not show this mega hole over us either

The 01z is also pushing the best totals and deform band way west to Cleveland. If you'll notice they are now under a WSW and honestly they could cash in for 15+ after being under a WWA earlier.

Just now, Ahoff said:

You seem perpetually disappointed.

I wasn't disappointed with the December storm last year. It stayed all snow, we got a foot, and it performed very well. 

Most of our storms though greatly underperform and this is going to down as another one in a long line of somewhere 50-100 miles away from us getting 2 feet while we dry slot or struggle with mixing.

Just now, KPITSnow said:

I wasn't disappointed with the December storm last year. It stayed all snow, we got a foot, and it performed very well. 

Most of our storms though greatly underperform and this is going to down as another one in a long line of somewhere 50-100 miles away from us getting 2 feet while we dry slot or struggle with mixing.

So, if you know you'll always underperformed why are you always disappointed?  It shouldn't bother you.

1 minute ago, TheClimateChanger said:

Sad to say the orientation of this just doesn't look optimal for Pittsburgh. Doesn't look like the heaviest bands will pivot in time for the big totals. NAM showing up to about 40" of snow now in Geauga County, Ohio.

image.thumb.png.5bce0087843c25965cfe4fa6d71e82d1.png 

I’m not asking for 40, I’m asking for a measly 8.