Total Members
    Most Online
    Elarey7
    Newest Member
    Elarey7
E PA/NJ/ DE Winter 2021-22 OBS Thread

JTA66

5 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

I was thinking about that earlier. I feel like highs in the low 20s was a common thing....a few decades back.   :oldman:

I remember 5 day forecast with highs in the teens/low 20s and that wasn't super rare. A 5 day forecast w/a single digit high or two is rare... 

23F/Winds gusting a bit

4 hours ago, Albedoman said:

I hate to really say it, but I am already looking forward a damn good lighting  cracking t storm in late April.  This weather pattern we are in is strictly designed only for killing stink bugs, box elder bugs, mosquitoes and maybe some of those pesky spotted lantern flies with the brutal tundra cold. Honestly the only ones that like this crappy weather pattern are the squirrels and birds like the pictured  hawk below who was staring at me from my feeder a few days ago right outside my window  as they can actually still feed off the ground.OLjmLgek2LTdqUfqpXgojV1T-DGM4nZ3PU-Xumnn1HIPSMHzJ56BC6RMs4CRjmNZBW7DMIdz-hhQeIzw5zA9HvPSHZbKZf-q8SHZRAdeBScrddjlk10zoetUKbOgQHXrYwIGPVJBZvA2XvOoNNGupsfRTQRnWOahGXBWWOn6m6PQBwioK9ZScZINz3VnfP_lOZd29UxcRGN7ByUJkmVytgqhOmZdDUNITNDPpSMb2ntdeZByhCiRiaD66WssI2U_Gjkw0Dzqgfl7QMuqe94LJ46whuZsZp9uGUd4yhGocekkF0zjPruS2wJAGIi2iAW-94Uo5eqJ4sbXzz0-TCfDIXMiHDTJSOYUe74P3N-xyYjNsfQ3R0E3K5aypGLceJRHOKkHHZqCtwNZLDjwQGZX6fWssajmq5cB15Tx1RUj-SIBlp0-g59zoUyMNcK5PriRzfIs86XB323FWV94Mx7K-ALFM6Ubl7iF2R9CBCSphPq46lQT4xDr25orHFwPVLDZbVBbHrNSsoNTyRdGE_jXssUv5ezjaLD4VyqM0M3O8n4cDih0hGDdWIOKzX9TBWjt-irO3ac2tM8ac58DFeWIEXvdPxUa_Sax1oldb7yFqqUBtVBJpdCwVsTZYgF5kRQ97oPzvIUgCsSGnX6OxlpZKibjbqQm_yeh6kk4btlsgX-Rj-HItLeusVvVDIIdNh6DSst0d7w5ho9IFu8_tKGOpV57=w712-h949-no?authuser=0

20220107_080429.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

If your moving around outside in the cold it's not bad at all. Tomorrow's high around 20F is manageable...I remember times shoveling w/temps in the 20s, sweating and removing a layer of clothing. The wind and spray would be a different beast but I'd rather have that than in a office cubicle w/co workers cranking the heat to 80F...ugghh.

23F

The cold's fine. It's the wind that sucks. But yeah, no cube, unless you count the sea-box we work out of as one. :lol:

Went for an RSC walk. It's brutally cold out there. No real snow left here though. Apparently that silly big snowfall map made the rounds on social media. Very dangerous spreading that kind of thing - not good. I think a slight system will come through this weekend/early next week but nothing crazy. I'll leave the shovel and salt out just in case.

-RSC

• Weenie 1

7 hours ago, Albedoman said:

by the way,last Feb snows, I was having this problem for my squirrel feeder/bird feeder on my deck. The bar seats for the squirrels to eat at was over taken by the biggest dam squirrel I have ever seen.  LMAO

xUt5Xru27NSBFWaOTi7OuZOeX8vYY4ov2aDjvlf0vKy4VTCzl2ktoANFVXs3-Ufsr9YBtJlHCwVBeV8FdGX4DlL5vLszGHYXyXk_jox_w71IgvbV9qLqUY6DcC-tPds6SZuN_NyMRoDdNPDsL97_PUk2sFe7VSMB6imFrrb35sSoNiF-WcYUe8feD-MFF5kgixDKh97FbE6MLh6mdEDMRJwZxTLoEf0ebsWl-EUYSnRepwSADhRp0_GtT_SAsEnT_EdMGOr8jNzV_MiHA-HjUwMcWpiOVkEfOD8kw4usYvqQFuY4wjBrGGcED2Chly1--s8co_YZ2FKRtkokbXts9suBbdOYVJrlrz8XqXn7OIiJl53s7I4bd-Emdg0-Y_eAh6tixuFEu3nIv_VVsH0FHrqlzjtgrkFbJZDlCrfJcDrMV-H2Zw_5BLNUMy2eKojU3_LBv3hpTT2HbnwGYv7_QCp_jZDDgtKwi5hJknrWa8hcH0pkl2-fBfmJ4OU7XFWwp80hHfl3IOowHP05BV49y9Et1xvfEtio0J2WOzCCAVrjqb4-R7BKkq6l-0rqh5JMFL98nggGCLMF6eDxlSu9ebAGbOA9dBoUiDNlq2xEJ4Y45G3ua4OtjylEAkq1RL-_NwBzBeZGNLv6JKuaN30TQ9A3x1iIz-YC47rqIDEmmCBjVILZ1mdkp03Xp0y5neduIxX11Jk5wLB-AGJ38Bnc1PNR=w712-h949-no?authuser=0

I can see the pics now, thanks. Nice hawk! And your large squirrel looks suspiciously like a raccoon, lol.

2 hours ago, CoolHandMike said:

The cold's fine. It's the wind that sucks. But yeah, no cube, unless you count the sea-box we work out of as one. :lol:

Wind makes it tough, the worst is cold rain. And don't let your feet get wet/cold lol. I worked outside in construction when I was younger and there were only about 5 days a winter that were rough, and it usually involved cold wind or wet feet.

5 hours ago, RedSky said:

Just your average garden variety east coast mauler hoochie mama storm 

GFS is hoochie mama's sugar daddy for sure.   Still honking on that. :lol:

As of 4:30 this morning, I was down to 18 with a dp of 0.  It sucked the water out of my humidifiers overnight real quick so had to get them refilled again when I got up this morning.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1