Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Fall 2021

canderson

10 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Temps could be within 7-8 degrees of where you will be. 

Sometimes this hobby causes us to think about things we shouldn’t. Like possible unseasonable warmth I won’t even have to contend with because I won’t be home (and will in fact be in an even warmer, more humid locale). Not even sure it’s rational that it bothers me.

1 minute ago, TimB84 said:

Sometimes this hobby causes us to think about things we shouldn’t. Like possible unseasonable warmth I won’t even have to contend with because I won’t be home. Not even sure it’s rational that it bothers me.

Think of your board mates!  But in the big scheme of things, yea its not going to a game changer or anything.  Winter will still come, right? 

8 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

This might be the optimal time of the year (minus mornings with fresh snow cover) when I tend to come in several degrees lower than MDT. Not sure if there's a water temp situation that keeps them higher right now until the river temp drops significantly. 

There is a situation there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

A lot of Red Sox fans had written the team off less than a month ago. I know the yearly thread on this forum was far less active than in years past. Pretty special run the team is on right now. Starting to get that feeling that this might be their year...

So much so that Astro's coaches are starting to talk about their pitchers "tipping their pitches".  LOL   The 'Stros know all about that.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

This might be the optimal time of the year (minus mornings with fresh snow cover) when I tend to come in several degrees lower than MDT. Not sure if there's a water temp situation that keeps them higher right now until the river temp drops significantly. 

Yep and in turn I come in several degrees lower than you.  Tucked in by the farmland and sitting at a low spot off the ridge will do that.  #Inversion

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Wow, I was impressed with my 42.6 reading. 

Sunny and 47 now. Enjoy the day! 

I saw a couple hints of frost on shaded grass and a couple rooftops on way to work this am.  Not heavy whatsoever, but after almost 53 years of searching for frozen particles....it was undeniably frost.  Almost got out of SUV to touch it...I'm whacked like that.  

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

A lot of Red Sox fans had written the team off less than a month ago. I know the yearly thread on this forum was far less active than in years past. Pretty special run the team is on right now. Starting to get that feeling that this might be their year...

Aaron Boone back for NY in a bit of a surprise.  The last time a Yankees manager was allowed to manage a fifth season without having won a World Series ring was 1922.   The Yanks have not been to the Series since 2009. 

Just now, paweather said:

Yanks are due as are the Phillies.

I personally would not go so far to say the Yank's are due.  The Buc's were doing Disco moves the last time they were there. The O's are not much better. The Rangers, Brewers, Padres and Mariners have never won a World Series.   The Mighty Reds have not been there since 1990. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I personally would not go so far to say the Yank's are due.  The Buc's were doing Disco moves the last time they were there. The O's are not much better. The Rangers, Brewers, Padres and Mariners have never won a World Series.   The Mighty Reds have not been there since 1990. 

Agree but the Phillies need to make something happen.

• Like 1