• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Summer 2021

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

That is some darn nice weather.  If you can get our models to offer that up, a lot here would take it.  Not all though.  PS-Send some rain. 

we have a lot of rain right now :) and today we had a wind gust of 45 mph and even 65 mph on the beach

• Like 1

So that Bensalem tornado that destroyed the car dealer was rated an EF3 by the NWS...

3:30 PM: A confirmed EF3 tornado, which occurred yesterday July 29th, in Bucks County in the Bensalem/Trevose area with peak winds to 140 mph. The storm damage survey team mentioned the most intense damage was to car dealerships and an adjacent mobile home park. More details tonight.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Voyager said:

So that Bensalem tornado that destroyed the car dealer was rated an EF3 by the NWS...

3:30 PM: A confirmed EF3 tornado, which occurred yesterday July 29th, in Bucks County in the Bensalem/Trevose area with peak winds to 140 mph. The storm damage survey team mentioned the most intense damage was to car dealerships and an adjacent mobile home park. More details tonight.

Wow

3 hours ago, Voyager said:

First EF3 in history for PA. Now, there have been many F3s, most recently in 2004, but this is the first since we went to the enhanced Fujita Scale. Bit of semantics but still cool. 

14 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Could not disagree with you more. Guy is brilliant, always a step ahead, and stands up for his people. Big reason why Florida is thriving. He’ll win reelection in a landslide. America’s governor! 

I wish he was my governor, that's all I'll say to that. 

My temp just shot up to 67. 

Before someone tells me to move, I'll just say that I'd love to. My wife and I have zero debt, we owe no money to anyone. I'm looking to retire in several years and would jump at the chance to head south. 

I also love my wife of many years very, very much and she is NOT interested in moving to Florida...so it's not really an option for me. :) 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Before someone tells me to move, I'll just say that I'd love to. My wife and I have zero debt, we owe no money to anyone. I'm looking to retire in several years and would jump at the chance to head south. 

I also love my wife of many years very, very much and she is NOT interested in moving to Florida...so it's not really an option for me. :) 

I’m at 66. Just sitting here with a nice Manhattan watching the Olympics. It’s funny you talk about wanting to move there, as we know multiple people who live down there and many more who are planning to go and they all love DeSantis. Florida isn’t for me though. I’m a PA boy born and bred. Almost all of our family and good friends are here so I don’t see us ever leaving. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Now is not the time to move to Florida anyway.  Have a friend who just sold a 1200 sq foot house on 5 acres for 500k.  Middle of the state over 90 min from any beach.  Could have had the same land for 250k just 2 to 3 years ago.  Anyone buying in Florida right now best do it in cash or be underwater soon (possibly on more than one front).   So if that helps make your inability to do it any better.  Simple 2000 sq foot home near Sarasota with no land sets you back a similar amount. 

5 hours ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I’m at 66. Just sitting here with a nice Manhattan watching the Olympics. It’s funny you talk about wanting to move there, as we know multiple people who live down there and many more who are planning to go and they all love DeSantis. Florida isn’t for me though. I’m a PA boy born and bred. Almost all of our family and good friends are here so I don’t see us ever leaving. 

My bringing up Desantis was more on the national level.  A few months ago I thought he was a front runner for 2024 but last couple months have, IMO, hurt his chances.

56 at 5AM.  Not going to make 40's here though was not modeled to...was hoping we might.    Most of the LSV is between 55 and 60 on WU.  Our friend MDT is at 61 having dropped 5 degrees in 2 hours so heading for a 50 something.   Lot's of Mid 40's in the Northern third of PA which is something for July.  Lots of Upper 40's near Tamaqua.

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

56 at 5AM.  Not going to make 40's here though was not modeled to...was hoping we might.    Most of the LSV is between 55 and 60 on WU.  Our friend MDT is at 61 having dropped 5 degrees in 2 hours so heading for a 50 something.   Lot's of Mid 40's in the Northern third of PA which is something for July.  Lots of Upper 40's near Tamaqua.

42°F Bradford Regional Airport