• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

1 hour ago, Polarbear said:

Can’t go wrong with the Tetons!! It’s big money but it’s goal of mine to own a house in Jackson so I can wake up to them every morning eventually.

I’m using turo as an alternative to traditional rental when we go out to Denver/Colorado springs (possible relocation idea)Labor Day week. I don’t know anyone personally whose used it but seems like Airbnb for cars. May not be super popular in Alaska though.I saved about 350/wk and renting a ‘21 Tesla.
Disclaimer : I was planning to  rent a f150 so not apples to apples cost comparison you any means. But I’m curious to the Tesla fad so…

I was looking into turo but never used them before so was hesitant to use. How does the insurance work if something happens?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I was looking into turo but never used them before so was hesitant to use. How does the insurance work if something happens?

So, you have to purchase insurance from them or else roll without it. Your typical credit card car rentals policy typically won’t cover turo because it’s not recognized as a rental company, it’s recognized as peer to peer  if I remember correctly.

Most  of the cars I looked at had 2 options minimum and standard. I think they’re were some that had a premium plan as well. I simply went with the minimum, it’s  about 22/day. The rate must be set by the owner as each car is different, the insurance itself is through liberty mutual. My cost savings is with insurance already factored in.

if you go that route watch the pricing like airline tickets. I looked stuff up on Tuesday, saved a handful to discuss with the gf, came back Wednesday and 3 were 5-10/day cheaper and then went up a couple days later.

I’m a little iffy about what the “turn in” will be like. Being that it’s someone’s personal vehicle I feel something as innocent as a rock chip could sing me

my cost savings was with insurance already factored in.

• Thanks 1

Much cooler so far today with temps in the upper 70s, yesterday at this time they were in the upper 80s..DP still on the high side (72°) , cloudy and breezy..

Decent cell in the southern part of the county.. Hearing a little bit of thunder from it..

WUNIDS_map - 2021-06-30T113827.610.gif

Warning out for that cell..

.A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1230 PM EDT
FOR NORTHERN ONONDAGA COUNTY...

At 1145 AM EDT, a severe thunderstorm was located near Lysander, or
near Baldwinsville, moving east at 25 mph.

HAZARD...60 mph wind gusts and half dollar size hail.

SOURCE...Radar indicated.

IMPACT...Hail damage to vehicles is expected. Expect wind damage to
         roofs, siding, and trees.

Locations impacted include...
Clay, Cicero, Lysander, Baldwinsville, North Syracuse, Bridgeport,
Brewerton, Plainville, Bayberry and Euclid.