Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2021 OBS Thread

JTA66

Just now, The Iceman said:

GEFS doesn't have any members with NJ landfalls, but a decent amount loop the system back into our area which would bring the heavy rain threat like the CMC/RGEM/ICON all show. 

gfs-ememb_lowlocs_eus_12.png

That's what's bugging me out - seeing the inland loop-de-loops coming out of the recent runs across models.  Am guessing they are all trying to resolve what will happen with the ridge up in Canada and where it will be by the time Henri gets closer to it.

1 minute ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Looks like the Ukie 12z is running now.  I finally checked over in the NY Metro forum and yeah, they are hot on its tail.  Was wondering if we should go ahead and make a separate thread on it just in case.

Yeah it isn't far off from 0z maybe even more west 

Didn't want to junk up Agnes's thread...

So a few days ago Henri had a chance to clip Boston as it passes by to the east. And if today's runs have a clue, Boston might see some showers as the bulk of the precip passes by to their west?  :whistle:

• Weenie 1

31 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Didn't want to junk up Agnes's thread...

So a few days ago Henri had a chance to clip Boston as it passes by to the east. And if today's runs have a clue, Boston might see some showers as the bulk of the precip passes by to their west?  :whistle:

I know right? :lol:

I know when Fred was making landfall, it looked like Henri would be a fish storm, looping around Bermuda and out to sea. 

Slapping my obs in for the time being as it may be a busy day/evening. I ended up with an 82 high yesterday and actually picked up 0.07" of rain from the system that moved through during the early morning.   

The low this morning was 70 and the sun really came out nicely, with few clouds - literally the calm before the storm. But they are streaming in now with the northern most bands of Henri getting closer (although still offshore).

Currently getting overcast skies and temp at 79 with dp 73.

One thing that is slowly being pointed out too is that we are now under a Full Moon so that is definitely going to impact the tides as the storm moves by.

8 hours ago, JTA66 said:

While we’ve all been paying attention to Henri, portions of TN received nearly 19” of rain today! :o

I saw a post from someone on a different (non-weather related) forum who lives in Memphis, give a heads up on that excessive rain event in central TN (I think south of Nashville). :(