Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2021 OBS Thread

JTA66

1 minute ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Getting a heavy thundershower.  Had 0.02" of a light shower earlier today but am now up to 0.13" with 0.66"/hr rates.   The temp dropped to about 75 just before the rains came in  and is now down to 68.

I really enjoyed my storm. Got about .2" and cooled down much the same as you. Enjoying it while it lasts!

5 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

I really enjoyed my storm. Got about .2" and cooled down much the same as you. Enjoying it while it lasts!

I'm up to 0.3" and getting the southern fringe of a couple blobs...  Temp down to 66 and rate is 1.3"/hr.

ETA - jumped up over 2"/hr and am now at 0.50" with temp down to 65.

13 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Very weak thundershower today with only a couple distant rumbles. A real sucky severe season to date. 

Totally agree. It seems T-storms are teasing me w/dark clouds and distant thunder then I get a brief shower/downpour and that's it....never pans out fully.

I miss last weekend's weather...

77F / DP 64F

• Weenie 1

Going to do my best not to use the A/C today/tonight with temps in the upper 80s to around 90 w/not too bad DPs....tonight in the 60s. Tomorrow, Monday and further is a different story w/temps in the 90s and more humid. A/C will be on...damn electric bill.

68F / DP 61F

• Weenie 1

44 minutes ago, RedSky said:

0z ECM and GFS try to repeat the Memorial Day weekend multi day cold disasterthon storm next weekend. Something to watch considering how the GFS nailed it from a week out. 

This cold/hot seesaw pattern is ridiculous. 

I wouldn't mind, the cooloffs make the heat easier to take (knowing there's relief coming).

4 hours ago, CoolHandMike said:

IT'S HOT. I have to mow my front but it's not going to cool down hardly at all before the sun sets. Boo...

image.png.e8fbc1e0738aaadf1f35f0fa685eba13.png

Mt. Holly did put up a Heat Advisory for down here in Philly metro and surrounding counties.

I maxed out at 92 but at least the humidity stayed in the 40% range.  It's starting to creep up now though, with the dp at 66.    Current temp is 86.

6 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

I wouldn't mind, the cooloffs make the heat easier to take (knowing there's relief coming).

Totally agree.

A path of mid/upper 90s and humid with no end in sight really sucks..."SAD" sinks in. However I'm backassed, most people get it during Fall/Winter.

84F / DP 64F

Seasonal affective disorder (SAD) is a type of depression that's related to changes in seasons — SAD begins and ends at about the same times every year. If you're like most people with SAD, your symptoms start in the fall and continue into the winter months, sapping your energy and making you feel moody. Less often, SAD causes depression in the spring or early summer.

Treatment for SAD may include light therapy (phototherapy), medications and psychotherapy.

Don't brush off that yearly feeling as simply a case of the "winter blues" or a seasonal funk that you have to tough out on your own. Take steps to keep your mood and motivation steady throughout the year.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/seasonal-affective-disorder/symptoms-causes/syc-20364651

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

Totally agree.

A path of mid/upper 90s and humid with no end in sight really sucks..."SAD" sinks in. However I'm backassed, most people get it during Fall/Winter.

SAME. I love the occasional warm, summer day, and spring storms are fun to experience but to me it's all a prelude to cooler temps. I wish I could live much farther north than I do now, but I kindof feel obligated to stay somewhat close to my parents as they are getting on in years. Maybe I'll be able to retire in cooler climes, but until then, I'll always just be enjoying or waiting for fall.

17 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

SAME. I love the occasional warm, summer day, and spring storms are fun to experience but to me it's all a prelude to cooler temps. I wish I could live much farther north than I do now, but I kindof feel obligated to stay somewhat close to my parents as they are getting on in years. Maybe I'll be able to retire in cooler climes, but until then, I'll always just be enjoying or waiting for fall.

Ditto.

Both my parents turn 88 within the next 2 months so I feel I should stay close. But yeah, eventually I'll probably (will!) move to a colder climate. Maine always catches my eye (been there twice) and I'm not opposed to jumping ship to Canada...great scenery up there.

F'en 80F at 10:30pm...