Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Needed two more innings of the bullpen fun for sure.  We are getting screwed out of 4 innings of absolute mayhem between these two bullpens today.

It was good entertainment, one of 162, onto tonight.

Glad we'll be back to normal 9 inning games next year and the starting an extra inning with a base runner rule will likely be modified. They've screwed with the rules of the game too much in recent years IMO for the sake of speeding it up.

4 minutes ago, snowman21 said:

Glad we'll be back to normal 9 inning games next year and the starting an extra inning with a base runner rule will likely be modified. They've screwed with the rules of the game too much in recent years IMO for the sake of speeding it up.

I like the seven innings for double headers.

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Baseball is the farthest thing from dying. Best sport and it’s not close. NFL and NBA full of issues. While it’s not as fast paced.. MLB will always be America’s sport and pass time . Long games are the best . If you don’t watch baseball why post about the Sox?

Every metric has it slowly dying. 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yep, stupid. Nobody has 4 hrs to sit on their ass and watch 162 games. Shorten them.

If they enjoy the game of baseball they sure  do. NFL games are 3+ hours. You have time for that right? In winter when it’s typically raining and kids pressed noses against windows . While you’re seething inside 

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Baseball is the farthest thing from dying. Best sport and it’s not close. NFL and NBA full of issues. While it’s not as fast paced.. MLB will always be America’s sport and pass time . Long games are the best . If you don’t watch baseball why post about the Sox?

Baseball is absolutely dying. Preseason football is absolutely demolishing the MLB right now.

Baseball is the worst. 

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’m 100% with you.  And MLB has had some of its highest ratings in TV in years and MLB TV is having a monster season.  A lot of younger fans are not watching their local teams but other teams with superstars like Tatis Jr, Vladdy Jr, etc.

Theres a lot more cross team watching going on than ever before.

9 innings or bust IMO.  Don’t mess with game length.

• Weenie 1

Just now, powderfreak said:

I’m 100% with you.  And MLB has had some of its highest ratings in TV in years and MLB TV is having a monster season.  A lot of younger fans are not watching their local teams but other teams with superstars like Tatis Jr, Vladdy Jr, etc.

Theres a lot more cross team watching going on than ever before.

9 innings or bust IMO.  Don’t mess with game length.

Yes man! Love this. If we together , I’d hug you and maybe even wish rain here and snow there. They do not get it 

• Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Baseball is absolutely dying. Preseason football is absolutely demolishing the MLB right now.

Baseball is the worst. 

NFL has always crushed MLB because it’s on Sunday afternoons in the winter lol.  NASCAR destroys most sports games too.

Personally I find NFL to be one of my least favorite.  MLB, hockey are tops.

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

NFL has always crushed MLB because it’s on Sunday afternoons in the winter lol.  NASCAR destroys most sports games too.

Personally I find NFL to be one of my least favorite.  MLB, hockey are tops.

NFL and all of its issues has fallen tremendously in the last few years . There’s a ton of people that refuse to watch 

• Weenie 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

A few hill billies in Arkansas don't count.

Scooter. We all have friends and people we know that despise what they’ve done . I know some diehard Pats fans locally that I never thought would quit the game. But they have. I haven’t been able to quit entirely and I admit that, but I totally could. I’d only miss Fantasy 

• Weenie 1

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Scooter. We all have friends and people we know that despise what they’ve done . I know some diehard Pats fans locally that I never thought would quit the game. But they have. I haven’t been able to quit entirely and I admit that, but I totally could. I’d only miss Fantasy 

LOL. 

Football is by far the best sport for fantasy because they only play once a week.  Makes it manageable.  You gotta be committed to do MLB fantasy.

Personally though I like a sport where my team plays more than once a week.  Like today, they lose one game, whatever reset and watch another a couple hours later.  They lose the second game, we get to try it again tomorrow lol.  And the next day, and the next.  Don’t have to wait 6-7 days to watch my team and stew over it all week.  Just reset each day for like half a year :lol:.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1