Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    16,974
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Sr. Fhrinse William
    Newest Member
    Sr. Fhrinse William
    Joined

Met Summer Banter


 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Skeeters and black flies are back here…unbearable to be outside in the evening. Heat and dews after 5 weeks of rain will do that I guess.

I noticed a big uptick in black flies here too in the past 3-4 days.  I didn't realize they had multiple summer cycles--thought it was one and done in May/June?

This was one of the most tame Deer fly seasons since I moved here-only noticed them on a handful of days really. Maybe too much rain and not enough sun throughout July when they are normally vicious.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, backedgeapproaching said:

I noticed a big uptick in black flies here too in the past 3-4 days.  I didn't realize they had multiple summer cycles--thought it was one and done in May/June?

This was one of the most tame Deer fly seasons since I moved here-only noticed them on a handful of days really. Maybe too much rain and not enough sun throughout July when they are normally vicious.

Around here August blackflies tend to be vegetarian, though they're good at flying into ears and eyes.  100 miles northeast in the Mattawamkeag drainage the blackflies usually remain bloodthirsty all summer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Around here August blackflies tend to be vegetarian, though they're good at flying into ears and eyes.  100 miles northeast in the Mattawamkeag drainage the blackflies usually remain bloodthirsty all summer.

Yea, I haven't noticed them biting really, but exactly as you describe--mostly an annoying ear, eye and head attack.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

Easy part of the schedule, they have to take advantage and hope Sale and Schwarber help out.

Yeah they just got done with the gauntlet of good teams… time to make hay.  Need to go like 12-3 in the next 15.  Yankees are only team over .500 in that stretch.

Schwarber walked twice in first two at-bats so far and scored both times.  That’s more than Marwin did offensively so far this month lol.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah they just got done with the gauntlet of good teams… time to make hay.  Need to go like 12-3 in the next 15.  Yankees are only team over .500 in that stretch.

Schwarber walked twice in first two at-bats so far and scored both times.  That’s more than Marwin did offensively so far this month lol.

If Pivetta's has his curveball they usually win, it's on tonight.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Zzzzz

ooo hi everyone 

At least now I don’t have to scroll Thru “crap” more than 8 seconds to see the latest important beer photos 

Have no idea what’s going on in the “real world” anymore.  Ignorance is bliss as they say :lol:.

What a day to be alive. Chillin with the dog and wife on the hill, head home later to see Chris Sale pitch, no humidity and a good breeze.  Perfect Saturday.

A7754431-EE45-4D40-B064-5316E6AE84D4.thumb.jpeg.93ee3d8e2b5b0deccf085baa16c097ef.jpeg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...