• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2021

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Thing is that it could be 95 and dry for three weeks straight in Dallas but since its happening to the Cowboys, ESPN will cover it as front page news.  

The heat could help them win games against cold weather teams and bump their record up a notch or two from the 8-8-1 we’re expecting. (One of the few things both sides of this state can agree upon - picking on the Cowboys.)

• Like 1

Off topic, but i know there are big baseball fans here. There is a kid from Redland who is going in the first round. saw him play our high school yesterday. I saw him make a play i have only ever seen in the pros and on ESPN highlight reels. a line drive shot in the 7-8 gap. Full out sprint, completely laid out to make the catch. saved 2 runs, ends inning and basically any chance we had.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

Off topic, but i know there are big baseball fans here. There is a kid from Redland who is going in the first round. saw him play our high school yesterday. I saw him make a play i have only ever seen in the pros and on ESPN highlight reels. a line drive shot in the 7-8 gap. Full out sprint, completely laid out to make the catch. saved 2 runs, ends inning and basically any chance we had.  

Benny Montgomery.   Good to have some rep's for big time players from the area.  Still think Jeff Lebo and Billy Owens rank up with Shady McCoy as the most famous.  Chase Edmonds is up there. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

I've been reading about him - he is one of the biggest "can't miss" players from our region in a long time. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Someday soon you'll be adding Micah Parsons to this list...

I figured America's Team had enough press already today.    I could think of a lot others but not sure any of them are in the spot light like the two Carlisle guys.  Donyell Marshall, Sean Mutto, Kyle Brady,  Marquise Colston.

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I figured America's Team had enough press already today.    I could think of a lot others but not sure any of them are in the spot light like the two Carlisle guys.  Donyell Marshall, Sean Mutto, Kyle Brady,  Marquise Colston.

Eh, throw Jon Witman in there as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I've been reading about him - he is one of the biggest "can't miss" players from our region in a long time. 

I have watched a lot of good ball over the years, but man he is spectacular. We have a young man on our HS team, Michael Morlaes is going high in the draft too. Because of him and Benny, the scouts have been living here all season. You don't get to many HS games where just about every major league team is in attendance. And not just regional scouts, their bosses boss is there :D i will mention that i have never seen so many people show up to watch a HS game, it was insane. 

another local guy from my town was a pro bowler, TE from the jets, Mickey Shuler. doesn't get mentioned much but had a good career. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Highs in the upper 40's in Central VA.  GFS extremes in play. 

Verbatim, MDT tops out somewhere around 50 that day. Per our conversation yesterday, that high of 53 on 6/2/1907 is the lowest max on record on or after 5/28.

19 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Verbatim, MDT tops out somewhere around 50 that day. Per our conversation yesterday, that high of 53 on 6/2/1907 is the lowest max on record on or after 5/28.

GFS sticking to its guns that its going to get cold again.  We shall see.  On its side I will say that the heat miser models seem to have been over done a bit with the upcoming warm streak.   Noting see a ton of support for well into the 90's anymore.   Not over yet....looking at today's runs. 

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

GFS sticking to its gun that its going to get cold again.  We shall see.  On its side I will say that the heat miser models seem to have been over done a bit with the upcoming warm streak.   Noting see a ton of support for well into the 90's anymore Not over yet but looking at today's runs. 

Back end of the GFS looks like it’s trying to build a massive western ridge, I assume that eventually translates east.

30 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

I have watched a lot of good ball over the years, but man he is spectacular. We have a young man on our HS team, Michael Morlaes is going high in the draft too. Because of him and Benny, the scouts have been living here all season. You don't get to many HS games where just about every major league team is in attendance. And not just regional scouts, their bosses boss is there :D i will mention that i have never seen so many people show up to watch a HS game, it was insane. 

another local guy from my town was a pro bowler, TE from the jets, Mickey Shuler. doesn't get mentioned much but had a good career. 

Speaking of football - 

I'm going to the Steelers-Bengals game this year. Last year was the first time I wasn't at least one Steelers home game since Heinz Field was built. It's going to feel great to be back in person this fall. 

• Like 3

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

Speaking of football - 

I'm going to the Steelers-Bengals game this year. Last year was the first time I wasn't at least one Steelers home game since Heinz Field was built. It's going to feel great to be back in person this fall. 

I believe that is the game my daughter wants to go to. That or the Bears

• Like 1