Voyager

Central PA - Spring 2021

4 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The 0z Euro has an interesting cutoff low next Sunday into Monday. This run brings snow to many north of I-80 and Allentown (of course this season!)

Euro keeps MDT between 35 and 45 degrees the entire time from this time next week through at least Monday night.  No cold lows just cut off low/back door yuck. 

Looks like I bottomed out at 24 again last night, thinking that may be the coldest temp I hit until next winter. And don’t get me started on MDT being the official representative for our local climate ha. 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Looks like I bottomed out at 24 again last night, thinking that may be the coldest temp I hit until next winter. And don’t get me started on MDT being the official representative for our local climate ha. 

Your piece of land was probably below 0 when MDT hit 11 on April 1, 1923. 

Euro keeps MDT between 35 and 45 degrees the entire time from this time next week through at least Monday night.  No cold lows just cut off low/back door yuck. 

I only enjoy these in June. Once a year a enjoy 4 or 5 days of temps staying about 60-65 day and night with drizzle and fog

1 minute ago, Jns2183 said:

I only enjoy these in June. Once a year a enjoy 4 or 5 days of temps staying about 60-65 day and night with drizzle and fog

Yea, if the high is only going to be low 40's I want the lowers to be real lows.  That depiction on the Euro is a yuck and duck fest.  Rather it be in the 70's and nice if not cold. 

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

You're in a low elevation, aren't you? After getting down to 25 yesterday morning, my low last night was 30.2. Seems the low spots cooled off better last night.

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Your piece of land was probably below 0 when MDT hit 11 on April 1, 1923. 

Correct haha

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

You're in a low elevation, aren't you? After getting down to 25 yesterday morning, my low last night was 30.2. Seems the low spots cooled off better last night.

Yes very low, only a smidge above 360’ while sitting at the base of a ridge. I’m quite prone to cold air inversions on calm clear nights. 

40 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

@Voyager would be making a run alright...not sure where that would be...

Not sure either, but probably Phoenix or Miami...lol

• Like 1

SPC has had there eye on Wednesday day 4 in the lower Ms valley , although they seem less confident today then yesterday to say much.

I ended up dropping to 26 on Thurs and 28 Friday but I found no damage to any plants or even flower petals in my immediate area or Mechicsburg yet, and I looked all day while working . I say yet because It can take a few days or more for light cellular damage to become visible depending species . If there was bad damage  it would already be visible .  

The trend of soaring past forecast highs in sunny days continues. Forecast was for 68, it’s 73. 

So beautiful out. Great to enjoy activities outside.

I shot the biggest rabbit of my life last night trying to enter my home, at 6'3" 223lbs he is meat for months.

• Haha 1