• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

4 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

You're more of a snow depth person though. So this winter should be good for you. About a month straight of double digit depth and looks to extend another 2-3 weeks.

I'm a snow everything person...LOL. Snow every day...snow hard...lay fast...don't melt...bye bye grass from November through April. (Best place I've lived for that was Muskoka, Ontario for 1.5 years.) My wife cried both those winters. lol

ALWAYS have been a snow lover. I remember arguing with a classmate in middle school because I would get excited about snow, and he would say, "It's going to change to rain." or "it's only going to be an inch." He was always the debbie downer of my snow dreams. :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, rochesterdave said:

Worth is nuts. The station up there seems to consistently have the biggest totals on the ground. The post is over 4 feet every winter. 

Yes! Every time I check the webcam, it's sooooo deep. I NEED to find a place there and put that bloody, stinkin Carol Yerdon in her place!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

I'm a snow everything person...LOL. Snow every day...snow hard...lay fast...don't melt...bye bye grass from November through April. (Best place I've lived for that was Muskoka, Ontario for 1.5 years.) My wife cried both those winters. lol

ALWAYS have been a snow lover. I remember arguing with a classmate in middle school because I would get excited about snow, and he would say, "It's going to change to rain." or "it's only going to be an inch." He was always the debbie downer of my snow dreams. :lol:

How 99% of the population feels about winter

image.png.fc3d5b6efb343aed26235839bd634555.png

How posters on here feel about winter, but summer>>winter IMO. ;)

image.png.84d6c94e8a2157935200d5439f40ebb9.png

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

You're more of a snow depth person though. So this winter should be good for you. About a month straight of double digit depth and looks to extend another 2-3 weeks.

IF, big if, the models and all the Mets are right, there’s a damn good chance 95% of NY state has 20”+ by mid next week. That, around here, is deep winter

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

How 99% of the population feels about winter

image.png.fc3d5b6efb343aed26235839bd634555.png

LOL...Legit story...We worked for a Conference Center up there and one of my responsibilities was to clean up snow. It started snowing November 1st and I was super excited to shovel. Everybody was like, "You'll HATE shoveling by the end of winter." My wife scoffed, and said, "You don't know my hubby." Sure enough...after a looong winter, we get a snowstorm on April 20th something and I am out there shoveling gleefully. The staff walks by and says, "There is seriously something wrong with you" and hurry inside. :lol: I'm hard core. I could literally give Carol Whatever her name is Yerdon a run for her money...

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Gfs looks good for all

image.thumb.png.f8ba2152f1e4d8755c0b58e0d587e616.png

That includes the GFS whiff on Sunday.  After the tues/wed storm it's a cutter parade.  We will need a decent March just to get to last year's miserly totals. Per GFS, of the next 5 systems to affect eastern US, 2 are supressed, 1 a decent hit, and 2 cutters. Actually, not hard to believe. We may be back to bare ground by March.