Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    19,042
    Total Members
    49,013
    Most Online
    loganboehmewx
    Newest Member
    loganboehmewx
    Joined

December 16-17, 2020 Winter Storm


Ralph Wiggum

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

I'm in the 2 to 4 in zone 3, which is probably about right. Sucks being on the gradient edge! Nevertheless, if I get 3" I'll exceed last winter's total, so there's that.

It sure looks and feels like snow,  got that raw breeze out of the ENE. And as I'm typing, 1st flakes! Hoping for a nice snowy afternoon at least!

Ha!  3" will also exceed my just-under 2.5" from last year. :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RedSky said:

Train wreck reports coming in south of PA of fast changes to sleet and rain. We better hope this doesn't end up like the  NAM.

 

 

Oh it's coming!! sleetfest....but again sleet gets a bad wrap!! it's white like snow and when accumulated even looks like snow....it counts as snow .....it's great for snow board sledding and takes longer to melt - how is that for positive Paul!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm almost certain everyone knows this, but the "precipitation depiction" pane on RadarScope also shows the R/S line as well. Similarly, hydrometeor classification is very helpful. I know everyone has their own "go to" radar services for different events so I just want to share in case anyone reading this (member or not) wanted another tool to look at.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Moderately Unstable said:

I'm almost certain everyone knows this, but the "precipitation depiction" pane on RadarScope also shows the R/S line as well. Similarly, hydrometeor classification is very helpful. I know everyone has their own "go to" radar services for different events so I just want to share in case anyone reading this (member or not) wanted another tool to look at.

 

My wife bought me Radarscope as an early Xmas gift. How do I get to the "precipitation depiction" pane? Is this a mobile-only type thing? I'm using Windows 10...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...