• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    InsulationProsofColorado
    Newest Member
    InsulationProsofColorado

Central PA - Winter 2020/2021

And I bet you thought my prayer to the snow gods was a joke. 999 is Symbol of  good and change lol

A30AC5EB-D0C9-4680-AC19-4740E57A03E3.thumb.png.cf28072723dd235ed807b5426fe5bf3a (2).png

A30AC5EB-D0C9-4680-AC19-4740E57A03E3.thumb.png.cf28072723dd235ed807b5426fe5bf3a (3).png

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Hey everyone, quick idea.   If things keep looking like snow, I think it would be fun to have a snow contest for the area.  Pick something like 5 sites and see who can guess the total snowfall for those places.   Start a spreadsheet and tally up the numbers.   Like this post if you want to participate or respond directly to my post.   If we get 10 players I’ll get it going.  

Up to 6 players counting me.  Good response for the first hour.   

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Hey everyone, quick idea.   If things keep looking like snow, I think it would be fun to have a snow contest for the area.  Pick something like 5 sites and see who can guess the total snowfall for those places.   Start a spreadsheet and tally up the numbers.   Like this post if you want to participate or respond directly to my post.   If we get 10 players I’ll get it going.  

If throat kicks , groin pouches, titty twisters, Indian burns, and foul language are allowed , and I can be condescending to opponents then I'm in . If I measure correctly I  can't lose. Stay calm guys that was just a really funny joke to me.

8 minutes ago, anotherman said:

You want to lose it?

Oh, no, I just meant what features should I be aware of that can make it go haywire. As a Red Sox fan, I'm always looking for what cause negatively impact ... :)

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, canderson said:

So what do we need to look for to lose this storm? 

I think it fair to say that there is enough consensus that we have a storm coming.  

Current goalposts are as follows

left post - primary hangs on too long-wrecks thermals, delayed transfer to coast, sloppy transfer to coast-think miller b jip zone

right post - coastal tucks inland and SE Pa sees mixing issues, coastal pops too late and its congrats NJ, coastal too far ots and pulls best snows too far east

Current feeling is that we are sitting pretty here in central and eastern Pa.  (if one blends EPS and GFS).  While enough big hits are showing up, I'd still think a 4-8" deal is rather likely, and there is enough wiggle room remaining to keep that in play, unless we start seeing something trend away from what most models are showing.  its not like we are pulling for 1 model, as they all have something decent to offer.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, FHS said:

If throat kicks , groin pouches, titty twisters, Indian burns, and foul language are allowed , and I can be condescending to opponents then I'm in . If I measure correctly I  can't lose. Stay calm guys that was just a really funny joke to me.

Just confirming, is this a yes?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, pasnownut said:

I think it fair to say that there is enough consensus that we have a storm coming.  

Current goalposts are as follows

left post - primary hangs on too long-wrecks thermals, delayed transfer to coast, sloppy transfer to coast-think miller b jip zone

right post - coastal tucks inland and SE Pa sees mixing issues, coastal pops too late and its congrats NJ, coastal too far ots and pulls best snows too far east

Current feeling is that we are sitting pretty here in central and eastern Pa.  (if one blends EPS and GFS).  While enough big hits are showing up, I'd still think a 4-8" deal is rather likely, and there is enough wiggle room remaining to keep that in play, unless we start seeing something trend away from what most models are showing.  its not like we are pulling for 1 model, as they all have something decent to offer.

Good right up and agree. I think this is going to be a game time solution. Miller B's always seem to put the models back and forth with their final solution and evolution. 

12 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

Yeah, we don't need babe Ruth affecting our snow :wacko2:

There's a week to go between now and then. Certainly there's enough hot dogs and whores available to keep that fat **** from poking his nose in this...

• Haha 3

I may regret this later, but I’ll take the ICON solution right now.  Good initial thump, bangs the coastal hard, definitely risk taint with it super tucked but if guarantees a nice hit.  I don’t like The east, or late sloppy phase option.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, paweather said:

ICON not a bad start. But could be close to a changeover in the LSV. 

verbatim.....we taint.

Early panels showed a more norther solution in midwest.  Keep both eyes on that.  Primary needs to die a timely death or just not be too strong so that we get overrunning and not cooked thermals while waiting for coastal to pop 

12z held onto primary longer, but looks to recover and coastal starts to take over and save the day 

2 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

verbatim.....we taint.

Early panels showed a more norther solution in midwest.  Keep both eyes on that.  Primary needs to die a timely death or just not be too strong so that we get overrunning and not cooked thermals while waiting for coastal to pop 

Yep. GFS might be following suit. 

14 minutes ago, GrandmasterB said:

I may regret this later, but I’ll take the ICON solution right now.  Good initial thump, bangs the coastal hard, definitely risk taint with it super tucked but if guarantees a nice hit.  I don’t like The east, or late sloppy phase option.

I agree. And even though I said that I wasn't worried about taint last night, give me a super-amped bomb and I'll take all the QPF (and some taint) that comes with it. 

• Like 2

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

I agree. And even though I said that I wasn't worried about taint last night, give me a super-amped bomb and I'll take all the QPF (and some taint) that comes with it. 

100% agree every time.    

4 minutes ago, paweather said:

Yep. GFS might be following suit. 

500's showing a little less ridging at 72.  Too early to see if it helps.  

Just now, Cashtown_Coop said:

100% agree every time.    

says the guy who lives 50 miles west of the typical fall line....lol

• Like 1

Just now, Cashtown_Coop said:

Hey now lol,  the suppressed looks don’t do it for me.   Want to see the qpf 

same here.  Just need to be 20 miles w of fall line and I'm all in....every time...