Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021

MAG5035

39 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Let's just hope this was this winter's huge, embarrassing failure and that we're not cancelling the remainder of winter by this time next week. 

that'd be this coming Thursdays non event.  Just bustin, but we've sure been tricked a few times at 7-8 days out.  Hoping we can stop that trend and from what i saw overnight, the reload after the relax looks to be a decent look once again.  Still beats weeks and weeks of shut the shades....I think?? :arrowhead:

Sweet mother of Mary.....

GO LOOK AT WHAT Z GERMANS ARE COOKING UP!!!  

its literally breathtaking. 

Watch the loop and dream a little dream.....

Perfect transfer well under us, to a STALLED LP off the chesapeake (like 15hr stall).

Just a pummelin verbatim.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, paweather said:

GFS is going to be a crush job. 

Looking at upper air panels the MSLP stalls and waits for the ULL to catch up, and captures it.  Not sure I buy that w/ the progressive nature of systems this winter, but man I wanna believe.

Loop the 500's if you want to see it.  Digitally it was nice to look at.

3 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Looking at upper air panels the MSLP stalls and waits for the ULL to catch up, and captures it.  Not sure I buy that w/ the progressive nature of systems this winter, but man I wanna believe.

Loop the 500's if you want to see it.  Digitally it was nice to look at.

Many more model runs to figure it out, for sure. 

*Edit - But just give me the ICON and we can call it a winter!

5 minutes ago, paweather said:

GFS is not a crush job good thump but the transfer doesn't happen nicely. 

its just another miller B that misses the phase.  Its more likely IMO (based on what we've been seeing so far this winter.  More progressive, and no HP anchored to slow the flow. 

Icon has a 1034mb HP bouncing around to the north which might have aided in the capture it showed. 

3 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

its just another miller B that misses the phase.  Its more likely IMO (based on what we've been seeing so far this winter.  More progressive, and no HP anchored to slow the flow. 

Icon has a 1034mb HP bouncing around to the north which might have aided in the capture it showed. 

Yeah happens too far north, we turn to rain with no coastal presence. OH WELL, I'll stick to the ICON for now. The ICON has been right so many times so it should be perfect. :weep: 

3 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Sorry to do this, but...

Time sensitive, but it's snowing in Tucson, AZ right now...

I almost fell over when you linked the Flaggstaff cam yesterday. I had no idea that someone else here watched Virtual Railfan like I do! Some of my favorites are from Ashland VA and of course there are 2 for Strasburg RR. (one at the station and the other at Paradise) 

Steve - I am a train junkie! 

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I almost fell over when you linked the Flaggstaff cam yesterday. I had no idea that someone else here watched Virtual Railfan like I do! Some of my favorites are from Ashland VA and of course there are 2 for Strasburg RR. (one at the station and the other at Paradise) 

Steve - I am a train junkie! 

Me too!

@Voyager  Thanks for the video.  I happened to tune in about 1 minute before that several miles long train passed by.  Meanwhile the wet snow kept changing intensity with even some heavy rates briefly.  I took a look at your Flagstaff video also.  Flagstaff averages over 100 inches of snow per season, up at 7000+ feet elevation.  I visited Flagstaff back in the mid 90's.  Drove up from Kingman.

14 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

CMC transfers a bit later than ICON and is more progressive and keeps scooting along.  

I wish we could toss but I'd still take it.

Yeah...hard to get too greedy given our recent history. I honestly thought the Canadians were going to deliver the big bag of goodies. On to the Euro...

• Like 1

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

Admittedly, I was going off what others were saying. I can't read Ukie maps at my age. Poster in the Philly thread that no one in this area got anything. 

Apologize if I passed errant information!

No worries at all! Ten feet of mountain snow, flooding rains to hit California - The Washington Post WOW at least we know the Pacific is incoming and these shortwaves will move east. February could be rockin with something our way. 

3 minutes ago, paweather said:

Didn't JB always say what latitude a shortwave came in off the pacific would be the same latitude when it reaches the East. I could be wrong but thought I heard him say that for years. 

I remember watching weather world as a kid and Paul and Fred would always say our big snowstorms always tracked below the 4 corners.     I’m sure that’s not the case for all storms but it’s something that’s stuck with me.   

Just now, Cashtown_Coop said:

I remember watching weather world as a kid and Paul and Fred would always say our big snowstorms always tracked below the 4 corners.     I’m sure that’s not the case for all storms but it’s something that’s stuck with me.   

Yep I remember that as well as a Weather World watcher.