Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Western Pa / Pittsburgh area Winter Discussion ❄️☃️

north pgh

Just now, ChalkHillSnowNut said:

Is he still around? I haven’t watched local newscasts in forever

I think he got rehired, but most of them should have been fired after 2/5/2010. Literally on the six o’clock news they were forecasting 3-6 inches when we already had 6 inches And it was coming down at 2 inches an hour. 

• Haha 1

At this point, 4-6" seems like the floor with the initial onslaught of snow.  The question becomes where the CCB sets up and what kind of rates it can produce. 

NWS recently updated to puff the totals a little.  I think that's a fine forecast for now.  We have through 12Z tomorrow, give or take, to see what the mesos say.

EpTEiBSUwAEz26t?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RitualOfTheTrout said:

Looks like a good range for now given the possibility of briefly reduced ratios etc. Can always adjust the ranges a little bit again tonight one way or the other if needed without making big swings. 

I think this is one they will keep bumping up totals as we near the event. 

I am sticking 6-10 but think an 8-12 type event is a very real possibility as well.

Just now, north pgh said:

I just came back from the grocery store and it wasn't too busy but was starting to pick up. People I spoke with including family and friends have no idea we are getting anything other than our usual couple inches. Wait until the panic sets in tonight when the numbers start going up. 

Yep..I said to coworkers that we may push 10 inches and they were like “nah 2-3.” 

going to be a lot of surprised pikachus tomorrow 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ahoff said:

When will NWS Pittsburgh update?  All this data and they’re still on the update from 4 am.

You can also always check their Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/NWSPittsburgh/  too. I find that even when the discussion's aren't updated they do seem be quicker to post their thinking via that medium. Also good to check during the storm, sometimes they will update with some localized info like where a band is setting up.

9 minutes ago, dj3 said:

NWS has this starting pretty early in the day. I was hoping to get home from work in time for the heavy stuff but it may come during the PM commute. 

Yeah I’m debating whether I should work half a day or just take the whole day off. I want to enjoy watching it and take the kids outside etc but not worry about having a 3 hour long commute home lol

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RitualOfTheTrout said:

Yeah I’m debating whether I should work half a day or just take the whole day off. I want to enjoy watching it and take the kids outside etc but not worry about having a 3 hour long commute home lol

Do we know when they really expect this to start ramping up and accumulating on the roads in Allegheny county?