• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall/Winter Banter - Football, Basketball, Snowball?

John1122

Thanks man, I'm ok. Been a rough year for the Rambler household. I lost my dad and my wife lost her mom within one month earlier in the year.  Been dealing with a broken toe and possible meniscus tear for the past couple of months too. I'm doing ok though. Saw some snow on the GFS in British Columbia and was already thinking about one of those zoom in gifs, lol. 
Worst of the storms passed us by this week! I have some good summer pics I will post soon. Hope all is well with y'all ! 

Still praying for you brother

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Holston_River_Rambler said:

Thanks man, I'm ok. Been a rough year for the Rambler household. I lost my dad and my wife lost her mom within one month earlier in the year.  Been dealing with a broken toe and possible meniscus tear for the past couple of months too. I'm doing ok though. Saw some snow on the GFS in British Columbia and was already thinking about one of those zoom in gifs, lol. 

Worst of the storms passed us by this week! I have some good summer pics I will post soon. Hope all is well with y'all ! 

Man, those are significant burdens just by themselves....and all at once, that takes some strength to carry(strength which you have).   If there is anything that we can do to help, please let us know.   I am the worst at having the right thing to say, but just know that you have been missed.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/9/2023 at 3:35 PM, Holston_River_Rambler said:

Oh man,read this earlier but didnt have time to comment.Was wondering why wasnt posting now i see why.My prayers are with you bud :(

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/9/2023 at 3:35 PM, Holston_River_Rambler said:

Very sorry for your losses. Prayers and thoughts for you and your wife during these difficult times. Also, hope you’re meniscus gets better soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Holston_River_Rambler said:

Does the "snow before Halloween" rule apply only to La Nina winters? 

I know in recent years October snow has been an omen for the Winter. That wasn't always the case in the Past. October 1977 comes to mind as measurable Snow was recorded throughout this Area on the 13th. That went in to be a long, cold snowy Winter. 

• Like 3

I think flurries and snow showers during late October are perfectly normal.  Early season snowstorms IMBY usually mean the Arctic gets "emptied" early and may or may not rebuild its strength.  The pattern on modeling right now does not look anomalous.  Just looks like a cool-ish weather pattern.  I think anomalous snows in October are what is sketchy.  I am just used to winters starting early out West during the past decade - and I think that is already under way again.  But really, a feaux start to winter is somewhat normal for El Nino, and then December rocks warm. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Daniel Boone said:

I know in recent years October snow has been an omen for the Winter. That wasn't always the case in the Past. October 1977 comes to mind as measurable Snow was recorded throughout this Area on the 13th. That went in to be a long, cold snowy Winter. 

The 1970s analogs are just awesome.   The late 60s "I think" had a Thankgsiving snow or very early 70s.  My parents talk about traveling home during that break and having a lot of trouble.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Carvers Gap said:

The 1970s analogs are just awesome.   The late 60s "I think" had a Thankgsiving snow or very early 70s.  My parents talk about traveling home during that break and having a lot of trouble.

Yes, they were. Thanksgiving 1971. 8 inches at my house. I remember it melted rather quickly and sliding off the roof in big sheets. Heavy and wet. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We could use your prayers… my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer this week. Do not have all the info just yet but as of now the outlook is positive. Feel terrible for her. She just completely recovered from the brain tumor she had removed 2 years ago. God has been there and he’s not leaving us. Keep us in your prayers. Thanks guys!!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 4