much cold air eventually filters in behind the synoptic storm
system, with the 00Z deterministic models even now right on the
threshold for rain/snow by Wednesday with the 850 hPa temperatures
around -5 to -8C.

Rain ahead of these upstream shortwaves will likely arrive late
Sunday night and into Monday...and will use low likely PoPs for
this...that even without a phasing jet...still has high probability
of occuring. Thereafter will just use chance Pops with a mix of rain
and snow Tuesday due to a lot of uncertainty among the models.

Damn. I wish I lived in a true LES zone. Can you all imagine how nuts I’d be with that amount of junk being pumped into my veins? 
My buddy has a cabin just opposite the Hill in W Adirondacks, Brantingham, - I’m gonna try and get up there for one big one this year. Unfortunately, my money making hasnt kept up with the insane property value inflation up there. Waterfront cabins that were 225k two years ago are now 375-400 and you can’t even buy one (they go so fast). So my dream of owning a property up there is likely delayed. Luckily, my buddy is kind. If he ain’t using it and it’s not rented out, I can go. 

6 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Syracuse had 171 inches of snow and Fulton 274 inches (holy cow, 100 inch difference!) that winter. I will take it please. Also a reminder of why I need to move 10 miles north. lol

The good news is that, as we all know, model output changes in time, esp the further out it in time that it goes.  Sort of the worst thing is to be jackpotted on Day 7 thru 14  on  a run.  Cuz that rarely materializes.  Of course, if recent GFS runs are accurate...we're Bogged till mid December.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Syracuse had 171 inches of snow and Fulton 274 inches (holy cow, 100 inch difference!) that winter. I will take it please. Also a reminder of why I need to move 10 miles north. lol

I closed on my house on November 9, 1995 in the middle of a lake effect storm.  From then through December it seemed like I was snow-blowing 2-3 times a week. I thought wow, I’m in the jackpot zone.  It’s been downhill ever since.  BTW, that was the snowiest November on record in Syracuse. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

I closed on my house on November 9, 1995 in the middle of a lake effect storm.  From then through December it seemed like I was snow-blowing 2-3 times a week. I thought wow, I’m in the jackpot zone.  It’s been downhill ever since.  BTW, that was the snowiest November on record in Syracuse. 

Ha! Well, this year, you have been doing much better than most of us in Onondaga County.

When I first moved to Upstate New York, I thought, "Wow, I moved into a jackpot - " Oh, who am I kidding...I moved to Upstate New York and the climate has been downhill since. :) :P 

54 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

The good news is that, as we all know, model output changes in time, esp the further out it in time that it goes.  Sort of the worst thing is to be jackpotted on Day 7 thru 14  on  a run.  Cuz that rarely materializes.  Of course, if recent GFS runs are accurate...we're Bogged till mid December.

One of my favorite things about living in the Great Lakes region is you can usually get some surprises in there...even if the pattern is meh. The pattern has been so infiltrated with either Pacific air or SE Ridging the past couple winters that even our location/generally lower elevation can't make much of anything work in it. If we could just get some marginal cold air that hangs in for longer than 24 hours...