• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

34 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Yup! Unfortunately for me, my job's location in Baldwinsville is at minimum 40 minutes from a good snow retention area outside of Upstate tropics. Not willing to do a long commute, so remain, I shall...and live vicariously through webcams and snow on car rooftops...lol

I’ve missed your catastrophe takes. Lol. I feel ya. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Thinksnow18 said:

So if the 00z Euro has its way then the Nov 30th Dec 1st time frame would deliver a impactful LES event in or vey near the metro area on a very cold SW flow. And honestly this is only 7 days out so while fantasy land still, it’s not impossible to think...

Above average temps start again on Wednesday this week lasting until end of the month.

Nov 30th-Dec 2/3rd there is a chance of something, not much cold air but enough

After that we warm up for another week

Mid. December-Mid January should be the goods of the winter. 

2 hours ago, Thinksnow18 said:

I just looked this up to make certain it was correct...Youngstown NY to Toronto across Lake Ontario is 33 miles. That’s all the furthest point of the Niagara frontier missed out on a half foot plus snows and roughly 60 miles from the metro. Perspective.

I think YYZ (Toronto) is already at 10" on the year. That's close to 25% of their yearly snowfall and its 11/23. It's easier to get to normal when you average 40-45" a season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I think YYZ (Toronto) is already at 10" on the year. That's close to 25% of their yearly snowfall and its 11/23. It's easier to get to normal when you average 40-45" a season. 

As of this morning were at 8.3" for the season. So about 18% of our yearly snowfall. 

Wish we got more but an east-west wind orientation off Lake Ontario is rare. You guys in Upstate NY get all the fun from Lake Ontario. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Thinksnow18 said:

I just looked this up to make certain it was correct...Youngstown NY to Toronto across Lake Ontario is 33 miles. That’s all the furthest point of the Niagara frontier missed out on a half foot plus snows and roughly 60 miles from the metro. Perspective.

I got lucky up here on the escarpment in Hamilton that I got about 3". Downtown Toronto along the lakeshore only received 1cm or about 0.5" while only 5 miles up Yonge street away from the lake received 4-8". I think Lake Erie does the same thing to Downtown Buffalo occasionally, especially early season marginal LES events. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

The only source of cold air is that low pressure system generating its own. That's never going to happen lol

GFS is doing GFS things. Euro is cleaner and has plenty of cold air. In fact if we’re starting to keep score Euro sniffed out the NW track of the last system 3 full days before GFS did...in Euro we trust!!!

40 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

GFS is doing GFS things. Euro is cleaner and has plenty of cold air. In fact if we’re starting to keep score Euro sniffed out the NW track of the last system 3 full days before GFS did...in Euro we trust!!!

Yeah Nov 30th-Dec 2nd is definitely best time for next snow across Upstate, then we get warm for a bit. We need EPO help. EPO is only accessible for paid websites now. If i had to wager it would be +4-5 Standard Dev. Will start a new thread this weekend for Dec. 

gfs-ens_z500a_us_31.png

• Like 1

Just now, BuffaloWeather said:

Yeah Nov 30th-Dec 2nd is definitely best time for next snow across Upstate, then we get warm for a bit. We need EPO help. EPO is only accessible for paid websites now. If i had to wager it would be +4-5 Standard Dev. 

Was just over in the NE forum reading 40/70 Benchmark and he’s really bullish on the latest trends showing after the 10th we (northeast) gets the cold air and snow...shows why with slot more explanations than I just gave but he’s going above climo for a white xmas

Is the GFS PARA not active? I thought that was the new one? Only seems to be running once or twice a day? Did they give up on it already? Remember all the epic snowfalls it showed last year when only one or two ever came to fruition? 
I recall that one run where it had BUF and just BUF getting 3 feet inside of 84 hours. I think it was all rain. 

• Haha 2