• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Cat Lady
    Newest Member
    Cat Lady
Brian D

Labor Day weekend forecast

Well, this Labor Day weekend might not see much travel. Depends on what the SARS-COV-2 critters are doing, and how much freaking out is going on, but weather stops for no one.

I figure I'd put out my forecast for that weekend to see if my modelling is good to go or not for then (before gov models reach that time frame). I have a front moving through our region that weekend, so expect mild temps and shwrs/stms turning much cooler with shwrs expected, especially in the northern areas, after the front goes through. Honestly, this seems to be a rather typical weather phenomena for this weekend, but that's what I'm seeing. Even in the many days prior to this weekend, the pattern is similar. So expect cooler weather beforehand.

• Thanks 1

Thought I'd try my hand at making a slide show map for the weekend. Just something simple. Wonder if this will work out like this.

output_Rf8qBE.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Long range models have been hinting at a pretty substantial cool down around this time after the warmer weather in the next few weeks.

Your animation compared to what looks to pan out looks to be an impressive call for 1 month out.  I am more impressed with that kind of timing detail because anybody can predict there will be a front somewhere between International Falls and Louisville and have a good chance of being right.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Return of the mysterious eastern poster from several years ago who posted the cryptic winter predictions. Something Dog was not?

katodog

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Well, looks like a pretty close forecast. I'll let you guys rate it good or bad.

Enjoy your weekend. Oh, and BTW, expect a forecast for Halloween to be very similar to the Labor Day one.

29 minutes ago, Brian D said:

Well, looks like a pretty close forecast. I'll let you guys rate it good or bad.

Enjoy your weekend. Oh, and BTW, expect a forecast for Halloween to be very similar to the Labor Day one.

snow showers on the backside of the low?