• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mtroyalspa
    Newest Member
    mtroyalspa

Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

11 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

How have you and wife been feeling? Did you guys get a fever at all? My fever is gone and coughing up loads of green/yellow mucus the last few days. Enough to fill about a trash bag worth lol. Usually this happens at end of sinus infection, so hopefully back to normal in next few days.

Yep, both had fevers of 100. I think I'm back to 100, I've resumed my workouts with no issues. Lifting lighter weight than normal to be safe and cardio was consistent in HR with what I did before. My wife is still feeling exhausted but we cant figure out if that's just work related stress or not.

36 minutes ago, gmendevils8204 said:

More distraction tactics to help Cuomo?  This seems inevitable across the country (especially in blue states) but the timing is curious.  

Probably more to do with the giant deficit looming with people/businesses fleeing NYC.

• Like 1

While they are at it legalize mobile sports betting lol Nj makes a killing from that..

You can bet on horses in NY but not sports lol (online)..

• Like 1

The vaccine passport is a joke, and it could be the first step in this country never recovering to pre covid times. Unfortunate. 9/11 changed this country so much with the security measures put in place, covid is going to change this country even more. You're going to need a vaccine passport to go to bills/sabres games, to concerts, to travel. This world has gone insane, people die...we all will. Let us live with the short time we have on this amazing planet. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

The vaccine passport is a joke, and it could be the first step in this country never recovering to pre covid times. Unfortunate. 9/11 changed this country so much with the security measures put in place, covid is going to change this country even more. You're going to need a vaccine passport to go to bills/sabres games, to concerts, to travel. This world has gone insane, people die...we all will. Let us live with the short time we have on this amazing planet. 

I’m becoming more comfortable with the idea of staying home in that case. Frankly, I have plenty of entertainment options within my four walls with today’s technology. If too many people feel the same way, these industries that rely on in-person attendance could be in trouble. If you make it too difficult for people to engage in recreational activities, a lot of them might say “forget it” and find something else to do. As long as I can go to my gym, I’m happy. The owner of mine says he has no intention of imposing such requirements.

9 minutes ago, gmendevils8204 said:

Good point. The tax base is eroding.

6 minutes ago, gmendevils8204 said:

I’m becoming more comfortable with the idea of staying home in that case. Frankly, I have plenty of entertainment options within my four walls with today’s technology. If too many people feel the same way, these industries could be in trouble. If you make it too difficult for people to engage in recreational activities, a lot of them might say “forget it” and find something else to do. As long as I can go to my gym, I’m happy. The owner of mine says he has no intention of imposing such requirements.

New York continues to make itself one of the most uninhabitable, unfriendly states to live in in this country. From taxes to screwing over the working class to state government control...there isn't much freedom left in this state. If I grew up a Native New Yorker, I would be so saddened with the state I live in. It's a pretty high likelihood my wife and I will not call this state our home by the time if/when we make it to retirement age.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

New York continues to make itself one of the most uninhabitable, unfriendly states to live in in this country. From taxes to screwing over the working class to state government control...there isn't much freedom left in this state. If I grew up a Native New Yorker, I would be so saddened with the state I live in. It's a pretty high likelihood my wife and I will not call this state our home by the time if/when we make it to retirement age.

Jersey is just as bad, unfortunately. Most of my family fled to Florida years ago. In retrospect, I should have followed suit.

• Sad 1

What’s wrong with getting the vaccine? Just don’t understand that whole hubbub with it’s high rate of effectiveness and lack of many reports of negative side effects. Maybe I just don’t understand it, but I received it through my employer and outside of a sore arm, went really well.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

What’s wrong with getting the vaccine? Just don’t understand that whole hubbub with it’s high rate of effectiveness and lack of many reports of negative side effects. Maybe I just don’t understand it, but I received it through my employer and outside of a sore arm, went really well.

Nothing is wrong with it, requiring a vaccine to go everywhere is what I have a problem with. People should have a choice. I have my shot scheduled for next Saturday.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Nothing is wrong with it, requiring a vaccine to go everywhere is what I have a problem with. People should have a choice. I have my shot scheduled for next Saturday.

In certain cases, especially with new and virulent viruses, maybe it’s something that could be a positive. It’ll eventually be like the flu, and won’t be an every year thing to have to do.

28 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Same here. I just have an aversion to being told what to do by the government when it comes to certain things.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Cannot wait. Bills have 9 home games and hope to go to most of them.

They finally got the 17-game season passed, huh? Sounds like we could have a Super Bowl on President’s Day weekend which could give many people the following day off without having to take a sick/vacation day.

• Like 2

Those 7-Day Traveling Averages for new cases in NYC has doubled from  about 7,000{March 4-10}  to near 15,000{March 25-31}.        This is a solid increase of 3% per day compounded.

Vaccinations do not seem  to be  working.      Take off  your mask and  you could die with or  without the shots.

• Weenie 1

23 minutes ago, WNash said:

This thread has really become a toxic waste dump of denialist BS.

And your point is 

47 minutes ago, WNash said:

This thread has really become a toxic waste dump of denialist BS.

What do you want us to do? Hide in our basements the rest of our lives or run around like our hair is on fire screaming “The end is near”? The hysteria is a big reason why many people have tuned it all out. I’m wearing the mask and being as smart as I can with respect to taking care of myself and interacting with others. You can’t control everything and no one is guaranteed tomorrow with or without Covid. You have to keep living on some level.

• Like 2

On 3/30/2021 at 12:50 PM, gmendevils8204 said:

More distraction tactics to help Cuomo?  This seems inevitable across the country (especially in blue states) but the timing is curious.  

Bad idea legalizing weed

11 hours ago, MJO812 said:

Bad idea legalizing weed

Especially right now with a national mental health crisis on our hands. Substance abuse is only rising during this time. Likely passed for tax revenue.

• Like 1