• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ianspace
    Newest Member
    ianspace
yotaman

March Observations

Unusual occurrence here just now.  Very windy with a few small snowflakes.  Not grapple because several landed on my black grill cover while I was watching and they had the structure of crystal snowflakes.  The unusual part is my temperature is sitting at 49.1º.  Might be the warmest temp I have ever seen real snow. Obvious to me that the strong gusty wind was primarily a downdraft and drove the flakes from the colder upper air to  the ground before they could melt.  Weather always has the ability to surprise.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jburns said:

Unusual occurrence here just now.  Very windy with a few small snowflakes.  Not grapple because several landed on my black grill cover while I was watching and they had the structure of crystal snowflakes.  The unusual part is my temperature is sitting at 49.1º.  Might be the warmest temp I have ever seen real snow. Obvious to me that the strong gusty wind was primarily a downdraft and drove the flakes from the colder upper air to  the ground before they could melt.  Weather always has the ability to surprise.

That's neat. Your last sentence is very true.

Sunny and low 60s. Heading up to about 65 down in the 40s tonight. 

Just 2 days ago...Thursday. Had a high of 91.

Got to 33 this morning. Might be the last 30’s we see for awhile, though I’m sure we’ll have at least another frost/freeze before mid April 

Boring, with a touch of meh, and occasional mediocrity mixed in between the clouds.  Most underwhelming winter ever and could be headed for a bland and cool spring.

Picked up 0.10" in a quick hitting shower Tuesday afternoon.

Currently a comfortable 73/55 outside.

0.03" Friday, a trace on Thursday.

The week long period of 'unsettled weather' did little to knock the pine pollen out of the trees. Everything is starting to turn green - the wrong kind of green.

So much for the 60-80% rain forecast here today last 2 days. Not a drop looks to have jumped over us. Planted all my spring food plots at the farm in anticipation of the rain. Great!

On 3/15/2020 at 9:09 AM, NorthHillsWx said:

So much for the 60-80% rain forecast here today last 2 days. Not a drop looks to have jumped over us. Planted all my spring food plots at the farm in anticipation of the rain. Great!

Mother Nature can really be an @$$h0|€ sometimes.  It wouldn’t stop raining in February to the point of being absurd, but as we approach the time when some rain becomes helpful, it dries up.

22 hours ago, magpiemaniac said:

Mother Nature can really be an @$$h0|€ sometimes.  It wouldn’t stop raining in February to the point of being absurd, but as we approach the time when some rain becomes helpful, it dries up.

Yep. Missed it again today. Going to have to re-plant I worry. Wasted several hundred $$$ of seed. Looks to be very dry too going forward for Central NC. Amazing the impeccable timing to finally stop raining as soon as it becomes beneficial.

Missed here too. This morning's tenth to a quarter inch possible dumped 0.02". Hopefully there's a little more with this next batch. At least enough to rinse some pine pollen out of the trees.

Even warmer today, humidity is way up too. Currently 79/68.  Oh and a friend on FB just posted pictures of the 5" of snow they have gotten so far today in Colorado!

EDIT: We hit 82 today. Dew point hit 70.