• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Central PA - February 2020

21 minutes ago, daxx said:

It’s crazy how it almost feels like January again!  The never ending spring. 

19 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

If we could bottle up and guarantee most of the year was like Spring we would be the new Florida without the Gators and foreigners on vacation. 

I'm currently 3 degrees cooler than Orlando...it's overcast down there right now, I believe I have a puncher's chance of exceeding Orlando's high today on March 9th.

The winter of 2019/2020 lives on! 

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I'm currently 3 degrees cooler than Orlando...it's overcast down there right now, I believe I have a puncher's chance of exceeding Orlando's high today on March 9th.

The winter of 2019/2020 lives on! 

Go with met winter and call it over...cut the bait....limit your losses...

Oh and don't look at the snow mentioned in the NWS Zones for Sunday.

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

Go with met winter and call it over...cut the bait....limit your losses...

Oh and don't look at the snow mentioned in the NWS Zones for Sunday.

I only included that statement for emphasis. :) 

I know it's going to get cooler this coming weekend...I highly doubt we see snow down here. 

18 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I only included that statement for emphasis. :) 

I know it's going to get cooler this coming weekend...I highly doubt we see snow down here. 

We better get get 4" or so in the next month otherwise all the hub bub over whether us ranking as the third lowest met winter snow means anything will all go by the wayside when we end up with the lowest full winter "season" snowfall in history at MDT.

37 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

We better get get 4" or so in the next month otherwise all the hub bub over whether us ranking as the third lowest met winter snow means anything will all go by the wayside when we end up with the lowest full winter "season" snowfall in history at MDT.

at this point, i'd rather go for a medal, lets take 3rd and close this chapter. 

1 hour ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Reaching my high of the day now, shortly after 4:30pm at 73.4 degrees.  Humidity 20%.  Welcome to Phoenix.

Looking at the next 7 days, the lowest forecast temp doesn't even touch 32 with 34 the lowest.  Wow again.

Yea I’m done looking at models. It’s just a waste of bandwidth now. 

Punt. 

17 hours ago, Wmsptwx said:

Lol when blizz stops posting day 10 gfs runs you know it’s all over.

LOL, Who said that it’s all over ? I know that many people have thrown in the towel a long time ago this Winter. 

I enjoyed the last 2 day warm up, but I’m not done tracking Winter weather possibilities.

When we get one more snow in the next few weeks, I will one of the few on this board that will proudly be able to say that I never gave up!

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

image.png.bdf153f5bc9f0e5499d655bc4abf5a94.png

Euro, Icon, CMC, and GFS all show how it could snow Sunday Am.  GFS is the most ramped up of the 4 with the Icon and Euro sliding to our south right now.  Temps near freezing during the time frame. 

If that is still being depicted on Friday I might become mildly interested...until then, meh. The GFS in particular has teased us more times then can be counted. 

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

If that is still being depicted on Friday I might become mildly interested...until then, meh. The GFS in particular has teased us more times then can be counted. 

I totally agree with that assertion but I thought it was something to point out since all the models have some energy ejecting out toward us...just varying degrees of umphf.  

52 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I totally agree with that assertion but I thought it was something to point out since all the models have some energy ejecting out toward us...just varying degrees of umphf.  

We're going to need one of the higher degrees of umphf to get anything to accumulate with temps at or just above freezing. 

8 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

We're going to need one of the higher degrees of umphf to get anything to accumulate with temps at or just above freezing. 

Yea, this just a "looks its pretty out this morning/gone so quickly" type potential.  No cold air..and won't put us over 9" at MDT to avoid infamy.  Someday Granddaddy bubbler will be telling the story of this winter. 

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, this is just a "looks its pretty out this morning/gone so quickly" type potential.  No cold air..and won't put us over 9" at MDT to avoid infamy.  Someday Granddaddy bubbler will be telling the story of this winter. 

One of my bucket list destinations is Mammoth Lakes, CA. Incredible scenery is attractive to me, but let's be honest here...last year they received 476" of snow in town, so you know what the main attraction is. They received 207" of snow in February 2019. In February 2020? 0". A complete shutout. 

We're running about 20" below our seasonal average here. Out in Mammoth Lakes they're a solid 338" behind last year and about 250" below normal. 

We ain't the only ones that have endured a painful winter. 

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

One of my bucket list destinations is Mammoth Lakes, CA. Incredible scenery is attractive to me, but let's be honest here...last year they received 476" of snow in town, so you know what the main attraction is. They received 207" of snow in February 2019. In February 2020? 0". A complete shutout. 

We're running about 20" below our seasonal average here. Out in Mammoth Lakes they're a solid 338" behind last year and about 250" below normal. 

We ain't the only ones that have endured a painful winter. 

That's an interesting perspective as places that get so much more, when things go poorly, will look so much worse.  I think the issue for S Central PA is not the actual running total its the lack of threats, cold and school/work delays that people really have noticed.  Joe Average Weather consumer could not tell you that MDT is very close to breaking their all time record but they could tell you that we have had basically no snow this year.  The only event of consequence was really localized as well.  Dax had like 6" of snow that one storm while out here we only had 2" of slush.  

41 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

That's an interesting perspective as places that get so much more, when things go poorly, will look so much worse.  I think the issue for S Central PA is not the actual running total its the lack of threats, cold and school/work delays that people really have noticed.  Joe Average Weather consumer could not tell you that MDT is very close to breaking their all time record but they could tell you that we have had basically no snow this year.  The only event of consequence was really localized as well.  Dax had like 6" of snow that one storm while out here we only had 2" of slush.  

Great point - this past weekend I realized that we haven't even been close to anything of significance other than the event you mentioned. (I received 5.2" from that event)

The lack of anything to seriously track has been incredible - no late nights staying up for the Euro or any of our other favorite winter rituals...it's been an almost total void of nothingness. 

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Great point - this past weekend I realized that we haven't even been close to anything of significance other than the event you mentioned. (I received 5.2" from that event)

The lack of anything to seriously track has been incredible - no late nights staying up for the Euro or any of our other favorite winter rituals...it's been an almost total void of nothingness. 

Wow, I did not know parts of Lancaster county had that much.  I thought it was mostly localized to York.  But yea that event is pretty much it and if I remember correctly it was pretty much a surprise that you guys ended up with the rates to get it.  Pivotal picked the perfect year to offer free Euro, for our own pockets, as there was absolutely no urge to buy.

39 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Wow, I did not know parts of Lancaster county had that much.  I thought it was mostly localized to York.  But yea that event is pretty much it and if I remember correctly it was pretty much a surprise that you guys ended up with the rates to get it.  Pivotal picked the perfect year to offer free Euro, for our own pockets, as there was absolutely no urge to buy.

Most of Lanco (including Lancaster proper) did not - I live just a mile or so from the Suskie in extreme western Lancaster county and was able to cash in on the same banding that @daxx did over in eastern York. I've had 9.6" for the season with 5.2" of it from one event. 

2 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Most of Lanco (including Lancaster proper) did not - I live just a mile or so from the Suskie in extreme western Lancaster county and was able to cash in on the same banding that @daxx did over in eastern York. I've had 9.6" for the season with 5.2" of it from one event. 

I had 5.9” from that event.  I am at 10.2” for the season. I’m ready for thunderstorms.  I could care less if I see any snow at this point.  Unless it’s a big one. 

32 minutes ago, daxx said:

I had 5.9” from that event.  I am at 10.2” for the season. I’m ready for thunderstorms.  I could careless if I see any snow at this point.  Unless it’s a big one. 

I would almost always agree with this 100% but I selfishly want .4" to get me to double digits for the season. 

• Like 1