• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

GFS is such a bad model. IDK where where its getting these crazy totals. I would cut that by half to one third at least... That would be low ratio isothermal wet snow of Rochester at best that run.... I would go with a blend of the NAM and Canadian on this one... and not get any synoptic hopes up... LE is where you will score. I hope you all get feet on snow just cannot be oblivious to this track and set up. Synoptically not favorable for many in WNY and even my area...

5 minutes ago, PaulyFromPlattsburgh said:

GFS is such a bad model. IDK where where its getting these crazy totals. I would cut that by half to one third at least... That would be low ratio isothermal wet snow of Rochester at best that run.... I would go with a blend of the NAM and Canadian on this one... and not get any synoptic hopes up... LE is where you will score. I hope you all get feet on snow just cannot be oblivious to this track and set up. Synoptically not favorable for many in WNY and even my area...

Synoptically, it’s a decent set up for IAG at least. Euro and Ukie have shown it for a couple runs now. LE set up is very bad for Roc and BUF (city north)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Synoptically, it’s a decent set up for IAG at least. Euro and Ukie have shown it for a couple runs now. LE set up is very bad for Roc and BUF (city north)

please look at the CMC because it validates my concerns... warm and rainy for roc. lets not all hug the GFS all at once lol

21 minutes ago, PaulyFromPlattsburgh said:

The NAM and Canadian are worst on verification scores. It goes Euro, UK, GFS. So the GFS is not a bad model. However its highly unlikely the latest run comes to fruition. 

2 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

The NAM and Canadian are worst on verification scores. It goes Euro, UK, GFS. So the GFS is not a bad model. However its highly unlikely the latest run comes to fruition. 

Show me these verification scores? The GFS has been playing catch up all year. We were talking about this since November that's why I am so confused. NAM has been very accurate in its short to mid range last time I checked Verfication scores. would love to see them for myself and clear up the confusion. I apologize in advance and thank you

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, PaulyFromPlattsburgh said:

Show me these verification scores? The GFS has been playing catch up all year. We were talking about this since November that's why I am so confused. NAM has been very accurate in its short to mid range last time I checked Verfication scores. would love to see them for myself and clear up the confusion. I apologize in advance and thank you

Go look for yourself, I'm at work. 

• Haha 1

What an exciting time to be a WNY'er!  This storm has a lot of tricks up its sleeve.  I'm definitely not sold on the GFS as it seems amped to moon like it has been all year ( I seriously wonder if there is a bug in the code somewhere).  That said, almost all models have continually trended in a favorable direction for us for many days.  I've put in for a day off on Friday to hit up Holiday Valley, hoping that pays dividends!  

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

:popcorn:

Kinda nice to be sitting this one out.

Time for me to go back to Florida?

P.S. to all the GEFS maps being posted...Are we really going to believe the GEFS??? They have showed that exact same snowfall setup sooooooooo many times this winter...and failed. I would love to believe them, as they look good for us in Central NY, but I am highly skeptical.