SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid to Long Range Threats

Rjay

2 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

I should have said *total misses for snow* 

Agree.

The Canadian is really painful  976 at the BM - 5 at 850  - 1 at 925 , 1 inch of liquid right along the coast and 37 LOL.

But we have been posting the BL issues in here for the last few days so no one should be shocked. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

This would have been colder if the storm actually phased.

Move on.

We told you 2 days ago the BL wasn`t close.

You need to be in the NW corner of NJ to see any snow.

We were never close. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, PB-99 said:

Agree.

The Canadian is really painful  976 at the BM - 5 at 850  - 1 at 925 , 1 inch of liquid right along the coast and 37 LOL.

But we have been posting the BL issues in here for the last few days so no one should be shocked. 

it's the year with no cold air....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PB-99 said:

No

37 B/L is the issue.

1583582400-dT0TRdY130o.png

If this was 50mi NW, it wouldn’t be as much of an issue. The issue is that it seems like light-mod precip which wouldn’t provide the dynamics needed to cool the column. Could that happen? Maybe, I’d lean towards not given the atrocious overall pattern. 

1 minute ago, MJO812 said:

Thanks to the AO

and the MJO, EPO, NAO, warm water near Australia.  Literally nothing worked in our favor this year....I was lucky to get the 4 inches here on 1/18, that was about it other than some ice and snow to rains in early December

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PB-99 said:

You were never close. 

The blocking is the issue, the phase doesn’t happen because the southern stream kicks due east. While the northern stream wave gives us the light snow showers and or rain. If this would have phased, it would have been a monster and we would have had a blizzard 

2 minutes ago, PB-99 said:

I know you`re looking at this one already. 

Don`t lie....

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_40.png

Had the Euro shown anything even close to resembling this, I'd be on it as well. But it did not, so not even looking twice (.....until 18z of course)

Just now, SnowFeen1 said:

The blocking is the issue, the phase doesn’t happen because the southern stream kicks due east. While the northern stream wave gives us the light snow showers and or rain. If this would have phased, it would have been a monster and we would have had a blizzard 

But the fast PAC flow was pointed out. The flow was never buckled enough to drive the height falls all the way N. 

The ridge just rolled over and it could not phase. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PB-99 said:

But the fast PAC flow was pointed out. The flow was never buckled enough to drive the height falls all the way N. 

Next storm the one you just pointed out to Anthony, there may be some blocking with that one, still way too early to call anything but that’s like our last grasp.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, SnowFeen1 said:

Next storm the one you just pointed out to Anthony, there may be some blocking with that one, still way too early to call anything but that’s like our last grasp.

I don`t think that will last through the 18z run. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PB-99 said:

It was obvious as could possibly be that Fri - Sat was doomed before it even began, well to some at least. 3/13 is totally bogus too 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

02-03 (President's day blizzard) followed 01-02 and 12-13 (great New England blizzard) after the dud of 11-12 so there's hope for next year

I don’t know. I think we’ve entered a period of mild winters becoming the norm. Snow may become more and more rare in this region. We shall see though.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1