• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

1 hour ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Lake snow over Michigan looks super impressive. Looks like the totals have been bumped up to almost 5 inches on WIVB in-house model for tomorrow...grain of salt I know.

They do look good. That will be here this afternoon, but likely across ski country as temps just get cold enough. 

rgem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_10.png

17 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

They do look good. That will be here this afternoon, but likely across ski country as temps just get cold enough. 

rgem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_10.png

What I'm a bit surprised about us there seems to be more moisture than previously thought...and the start time in the metro is much earlier than anticipated. Could be sneaky good.

19 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

What I'm a bit surprised about us there seems to be more moisture than previously thought...and the start time in the metro is much earlier than anticipated. Could be sneaky good.

Lake Erie is 2 degrees above normal for the date, quite surprised by that. 43 degrees. 

• Like 1

IF we could get that earlier band cranking then have it stall near BUF instead of moving further northward towards Southern Niagara/G.Island area then will be in business but if that thing is weak as the models are suggesting then forget about it lol second band that sweeps through looks decent though for a quick 2-4”.

38 minutes ago, ayuud11 said:

IF we could get that earlier band cranking then have it stall near BUF instead of moving further northward towards Southern Niagara/G.Island area then will be in business but if that thing is weak as the models are suggesting then forget about it lol second band that sweeps through looks decent though for a quick 2-4”.

If anything it looks more impressive than modeled. I think the models are having a tough time and the moisture over Michigan proves that. This was supposed to have little moisture to work with, as worded by the NWS just last night...obviously that is not the case.

2 minutes ago, Luke_Mages said:

snowing lightly here in west falls. Maybe that band hugging the shoreline will it make up my way.

Down to 35 and the band has really gotten it's act together south of buffalo over the southern 1/3rd of Erie County but that convergence/S/W just to the west could yield a couple inches if it makes its way into far western NY