• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

Congrats to the Nats..I'm just glad it wasn't Houston haha..Crazy series with all road wins..

Cole is already out the building. 

Gerrit Cole, an impending free agent, was resistant to talk after Game 7. “I’m not an employee of the team,” he said to an Astros spokesperson. “I guess as a representative of myself...” Then he spoke.

Early odds to win next year's WS..

Houston 4-1

NYY/LAD 5-1

Boston/Atlanta 10-1

Washington 14-1..

55 minutes ago, cny rider said:

Beautiful shot.

So many leaves!

We completed our leaf clean up yesterday with a final mulch.  Nothing left on the trees here.

I haven’t even raked leaves one time yet. That will change drastically come tonight. Lol. I’m ready to get the cleanup underway! 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Congrats to the Nats..I'm just glad it wasn't Houston haha..Crazy series with all road wins..

Cole is already out the building. 

Gerrit Cole, an impending free agent, was resistant to talk after Game 7. “I’m not an employee of the team,” he said to an Astros spokesperson. “I guess as a representative of myself...” Then he spoke.

Early odds to win next year's WS..

Houston 4-1

NYY/LAD 5-1

Boston/Atlanta 10-1

Washington 14-1..

That was a crazy game 7. Houstons pitching fell completely apart. They had 4 new pitches within 3 innings and every one of them gave up a run. I was happy they won too, hoping next year yanks get some pitching. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wolfie09 said:

Upgraded to a high wind warning..

.HIGH WIND WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO
4 PM EDT FRIDAY...

* WHAT...Southwest winds 30 to 40 mph with gusts up to 65 mph
  expected.

* WHERE...Wayne, Northern Cayuga, Oswego, Jefferson, and Lewis
  counties.

* WHEN...From midnight tonight to 4 PM EDT Friday.

* IMPACTS...Damaging winds will bring down numerous trees and
  power lines. Widespread power outages are expected. Travel will
  be difficult, especially for high profile vehicles

Wonder how we're getting 65mph gusts with this unimpressive LP going almost right over us??

4 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

It's seems to be more about the powerful cold front..

strong
cold front will sweep east across the region this evening, with
damaging winds developing in the wake of the cold front tonight
through Friday. 

us_model-en-087-0_modez_2019103100_33_479_379.png

us_model-en-087-0_modez_2019103100_36_479_379.png

Just read the AFD - this seems to be the only risk for Advisory vs Warning gusts: 

There remains some differences in 00Z guidance in
how fast the surface low will consolidate into one center, which has
implications on forecast winds aloft from the various model
guidance.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, vortmax said:

Wonder how we're getting 65mph gusts with this unimpressive LP going almost right over us??

While not an typical setup, there are some intriguing things.  The low is somewhat double barreled but the deeper stronger and more tightly packed surface low actually consolidates and remains West of us just over Southern Ontario.  The storm is also hitting its peak deepening phase right as it crosses over the Eastern Lakes which is absolutely ideal.  Couple that with a very nice isallobaric pressure rises and I think we can overcome the slightly unusual storm track.  I'm cautiously optimistic this might overperform in my neck of the woods.  Trees are still holding a lot of leaves which may make a big difference.  

11 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Its odd how the models want to place the primary surface low over Northern NY while a secondary and tighter surface low can be seen just SE of Lake Huron.  Thats the low that will bring us the winds.  

Capture.PNG.578d2703962205e48b2010e9dac8f5db.PNG

Does you see an under-performing potential scenario here due to the slightly unusual setup? This is happening overnight as well, so limited diurnal influences..

13 minutes ago, vortmax said:

Do you see an under-performing potential scenario here due to the slightly unusual setup? This is happening overnight as well, so limited diurnal influences..

Yes, That is certainly possible.  All of the truly damaging wind events almost always occur during daylight hours when diurnal mixing is maximized.  Mixing is really the best way to get the strongest winds to the surface.  That said, the nearly perfect timing of this storm hitting its peak deepening just as it passes to our NW may give us a boost of winds.  I would say it has a higher chance of busting than verifying, but it certainly bears watching.  It's always a little more exciting when no one is quite sure what to expect. 

Just now, DeltaT13 said:

Yes, That is certainly possible.  All of the truly damaging wind events almost always occur during daylight hours when diurnal mixing is maximized.  Mixing is really the best way to get the strongest winds to the surface.  That said, the nearly perfect timing of this storm hitting its peak deepening just as it passes to our NW may give us a boost of winds.  I would say it has a higher chance of busting that verifying, but it certainly bears watching.  

Will be an interesting one...let's see how it goes.

4 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Snowy Halloween in the midwest, Chicago area getting 3-5" earliest and highest snowfall in their history.

The best amounts seem to be northwest of the city, but that should come close to the official reporting station for Chicago (at O'Hare).

My friends on the north side are forecast at T-1" but they're a few blocks from the lake and are used to busting.

It's definitely cold enough to be a sloppy graupelly mess.  I would expect the heart of that band to be heavy wet snow.  Surface temps will be marginal but elevated and grassy surfaces should accumulate.  

1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

@DeltaT13

Midnight sunday evening. That's a LES band if I'm looking at temps correctly?

gem_mslp_pcpn_neus_14.png

• Thanks 1

Winds are already insane here. Not sure what they’re gusting to yet but literally sounds like a freight train here in West Seneca. Easily the strongest winds since I’ve lived here. Multiple large branches down in my yard already and strongest winds aren’t expected until after midnight, HWW doesn’t even go into effect until 8pm...