• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Sarthak Tiwary 1
    Newest Member
    Sarthak Tiwary 1

2019/2020 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread.

Just now, Met1985 said:

Meh you may mix very early but tonight things will really cool off a lot. You know we are usually warm before a good snowstorm.  I even saw some blue sky today.

We had peeks of sun this afternoon but it has gotten thick now. When I left Bryson this afternoon it looked clear over towards Cherokee and balsam gap.

• Like 2

Just now, Met1985 said:

Yeah im ready to go man! Its go time!

Same here! We bought a big tube at Walmart the other day to try out . Hopefully we can Tomorrow!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, franklin NCwx said:

Not sure what to make of gsp anymore. 

Although,  the heavy cloud cover here is very concerning,  especially since it's still 50 degrees!

I think we will be fine most models show we might start as a light mix but quickly turn to snow and give us at least a half inch of precip

7 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

I think this is going to be one of those great heavy wet snows. Great for sledding!

Oh yeah! Pure paste with this one. The snow about 10 days ago was all powder.

• Like 2

Just now, wncsnow said:

Anyone who went with 3 to 6 totals may be eating crow if the new hi Res Nam is correct 

Ill be eating it lol but its one model run. You cant live and dye by just one model like a lot of people were doing with the EURO this week. If things keep drying up on the models through the night then that will say more to me than currently. 

Just now, Met1985 said:

Ill be eating it lol but its one model run. You cant live and dye by just one model like a lot of people were doing with the EURO this week. If things keep drying up on the models through the night then that will say more to me than currently. 

I know you cant but the fact that the NAM and SREF went down significantly right before game time is not a good sign 

Just now, wncsnow said:

I know you cant but the fact that the NAM and SREF went down significantly right before game time is not a good sign 

Currently im not concerned.  It could be a hiccup or really onto something.  We will see through the night. 

My forecast-

Haywood/Jackson/Swain- Generally 2-5

Buncombe/Madison/Henderson- Generally 1 to 3

Yancey/Mitchell/Avery- 1 to 3 inches

Asheville City- 1.5

Boone- 1.5 

Hendersonville- 2

Marion/Morganton- 1 inch grassy areas 

Rutherfordton- .5 to 1 inch grassy areas 

Jackpot for WNC- Rainforrest- 5.5 inches 

Snow will fall most of the day but will gave trouble accumulating due to low rates and marginal temperatures. 

• Like 2

Well this thread was a lot easier to read compared to the main thread after a couple of hours away. Dont like what I'm seeing. But im done looking at models for this one.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, franklin NCwx said:

6z models bumped qpf back up. Not gonna lie tho, the cloud cover all night sure sucked. Only dropped down to 40. 

Latest Nam’s show us wasting light precip on rain and a mix but as soon as the main precip gets here boom, it should be coming down and both models show 4-7 inches for Macon. Hope there right!