• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Love Snow
    Newest Member
    Love Snow
Carvers Gap

Fall/Winter Banter 2019-2020

NSFW for some explicit language, but this is very interesting to see a contemporary issues / political news show focusing on Barry Myers, AccuWeather and the NWS.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

So.....haven't seen rain for months.  The band is heading into Western NC over the weekend.  A low comes out of the GOM along the SE coast throwing copious amounts of precip back int W NC.  I think we get the event in, but gonna be a tight fit.  Hoping that system doesn't get there until late Saturday night - Euro needs to be right!   

I saw one of these stations last spring and again over the summer during trips out there.  Pretty cool article on cloud seeding in the Salt River Range with the intent to produce more snow that will in turn produce better water years for energy and agricultural purposes.  BTW, this guy runs a great blog.  I think he used to work in Oklahoma at the storm center.

http://blog.starvalleyweather.com/2019/10/14/cloud-seeding-in-star-valley-and-western-wyoming-an-update-2019/