• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snow Prediction Maps

That's not 6"+ for I-95... That's further se then that. Pretty conservative call but probaly right one given the divergence

lolz. It's got I-95 covered in 6"+ from northern NC up through Boston. Conservative call? Hardly, especially from this far out.

Hey Mods - make this the thread for all maps. Can't wait to see DT's :thumbsup:

This! I'm always a fan of combining like-maps into one thread for easy comparison and verification.

OK - where is yours? :thumbsup:

I usually don't make snowfall maps... I hate snow :devilsmiley: If I was going to make one for this storm, I would probably have one up tomorrow, but it's the holiday season and I'll be traveling and away from my computer Thu-Sat. No way in hell am I making a map this far out...

I did call for 2-4 in DC earlier, though, so that'll be the thing to verify me against (with thoughts that I might go for 3-6 tomorrow if the models converge more on tomorrow's runs).

putting out a map this early with a lot to be determined still is only asking for punishment.

Henry does this crap all the time with any possible storm (no matter how remote the chances of it actually occurring), and he is almost always completely wrong. Let's hope the "law of the broken clock" applies with this one.

This map is ultra-conservative and undetailed. Not surprised though because the event is still 4 days out. Some location along the East Coast will get at least 12+", IMO.

:weenie:

Go ahead and try to pin-point where the 12+ location is. Let's see how you do. I doubt any reasonable met would put anything above an 8"+ contour on a snowfall map with this kind of uncertainty and lead time.

I'm not a Henry M fan at all, but let the guy draw his maps in peace.

If you really want to make him look bad, prove how bad his maps are by actually showing how poorly they verify (if that's the case). Just bickering about the fact that he makes them isn't accomplishing anything.

Archived