Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Discussion

Torch Tiger

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Not Monday 

And not really the one after it either.  Although that one obviously has more time to change. Difficult to get away with minimal rain when the BZ is draped along the Eastern CONUS and strongly meridional flow, just waiting for another surface low to develop in its wake...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Well the goofus has backed off on the bd here for a couple runs now. When in doubt I usually lean bd, but I think there’s a nonzero chance I break into the warm sector for some length of time. 

Oh I just mean Monday. Later next weeek sure. 

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Pattern recognition and the ever present SE ridge which is why all these storms are cutting way NW

Wet and wild, Saturday looks awesome,  we burn today. Branches and leaf pile is huge soon to be ash mixed into the garden soil. Hopefully we can green up this next couple of weeks.  You are lucky you are not running the Marathon,  multiple hypothermic peeps again this year.

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Wet and wild, Saturday looks awesome,  we burn today. Branches and leaf pile is huge soon to be ash mixed into the garden soil. Hopefully we can green up this next couple of weeks.  You are lucky you are not running the Marathon,  multiple hypothermic peeps again this year.

I ran one like that in HFD a few years ago. 44 and rain the whole time. Coldest I’ve ever been. Took hours to get warm afterwards 

Subtle tone shift ... cool back to warm, back to cool, vacillating in the tenor of the runs. 

Last night's rendition came across as slightly warmer panache overall compared to the previous cycle. 

Until I see a convincing continuity-trend that is definitive towards a warmer turn I got to go with climo and just assume that April is going to be probably be more annoying on the balance? But there may be some days that are relatively mild like Saturday and possibly even Monday if that warm sector penetrates but we're still dealing with cold back sides 

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Although looking at the goofus a little closer it’s pretty easy to see how that warm sector fails. You can see how that sfc reflection will want to tickle south of us. That’s what happens when you do a quick DIT look in the morning. 

Lol,  April snow cover gonna be a playa in some way

20190411_082213.jpg

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Although looking at the goofus a little closer it’s pretty easy to see how that warm sector fails. You can see how that sfc reflection will want to tickle south of us. That’s what happens when you do a quick DIT look in the morning. 

I’m not even sure I’ll sector until late lol.

I think Winni will melt out soon when it warms, but man it’s just locked in still. Pretty amazing. That Emerson Aviation guy weenies out every day and takes to the air to observe ice behavior. 

3 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

What we want is a strong low to cut extremely far west..then hopefully Midwest/central conus trough carves out, allowing for a stalled firehose of higher pwats and parade of waves running along it to train us.

You’re weird. 

• Haha 1