• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

6 minutes ago, tim123 said:

Way winter has been shift that 100 miles nw.

2 days of model runs to go...anything is possible. At least we will not have been tracking it for a week...unlike the storm that shall not be mentioned.  ;)

I measured 8.1" this a.m. for this storm. Overachiever in my book.

• Like 3

What I find quite fascinating about this particular little event is actually how much snow fell in such a short period of time. It started snowing here north of Syracuse about 10:30 11:00 finished about 10:30 11:00. In those 12 hours we had managed to accumulate 8 in exactly, 3/4"/hr per hour or close.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Got 5.8” near Schenectady, NY. Nice clipper event. I think the max was in CNY north of I-90.

As far as the next possible system, the Euro has been consistent, and its ensembles are tightening up, but there’s still plenty of disagreement amongst the models, so it’s far from a lock. Gonna be interesting to watch!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

KBUF now up to 107.1” on the season and they definitely have a good chance of beating last years total of 112”. 2 above average seasons in a row now and this winter has the potential to be well above normal if we can get into the 125”+ range ... 

After 7.3 inches yesterday, KSYR is now up to 97.4 inches for the season. Syracuse should get more snow from Sunday’s storm than Buffalo so the gap should narrow even more. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Really hard to trust the euro anymore after these last 2 event ..We are talking 3-4 days out not 10 days lol

You think the euro is wrong on this? If anything it may not be a flush hit for us in upstate but the other models are starting a more northerly track more towards the king. Tendencies have been for storm tracks to shift north as the event gets closer so in my kind I love where we sit on the models right now.

4 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

You think the euro is wrong on this? If anything it may not be a flush hit for us in upstate but the other models are starting a more northerly track more towards the king. Tendencies have been for storm tracks to shift north as the event gets closer so in my kind I love where we sit on the models right now.

To be honest I’d feel a lot better if the models were showing this thing about 100 models NW of where they are because we need a few hundred mile shift N to get us into the good stuff which I just don’t quite see happening at this time range. I could see about a 100 mile north shift before go time but that only gets us marginally into advisory criteria. Well see what happens but my gut says the meat of this stays S over far E NY and S/CNE.