Sign in to follow this  
Steve

Let's Talk Winter!!

2 hours ago, Snowless in Carrollton said:

You would think 6 inches would require a Warning !

Warning criteria in the northern half of the ILN area is different than the southern half. Northern: 6 inches of snow or 1/2 inch of sleet in 12 hours or 8 inches of snow in 24 hours. Southern: 4 inches of snow or 1/2 inch of sleet in 12 hours or 6 inches of snow in 24 hours.

19 minutes ago, vespasian70 said:

You look to be in the sweet spot. Good luck!

Thanks. Any snow is better than no snow lol. Hopefully everyone can cash in on a few inches.

12 minutes ago, CoachLB said:

Thanks. Any snow is better than no snow lol. Hopefully everyone can cash in on a few inches.

I'm hoping for 4" or 5" ... we shall see. Pixie dust right now and roads covered.

Just now, CoachLB said:

My wife works for Meijer. She txt me and said bread and milk shelves empty lol.

Same thing at my local Walmart, everything gone but the wheat bread. lol

10 minutes ago, vespasian70 said:

I'm liking the looks of this.

hrrr_asnow_neus_18.jpg

Yea I was watching radar& latest models and it looks like the heavy snow axis has shifted 50 to 100 miles north which means north of I-70 is the sweet spot now, my 4 to 8" could be reduced to less than 3" now here in Greene Co.

I was getting worried about that dry slot to our South ..but it looks like it's filling in and it's snowing pretty nicely here in Newark

2 minutes ago, buckeye said:

Been frustratingly light snow so far with about 1.5-2" down.  Best radar returns getting ready to come in and snow finally hitting moderate .

I'd guess 3-4 will end up being the end game.   Not bad :)

Sucks when ya see what it dropped back west and how fast it weakened and dried up. I'm thinking I'll be close with my 3-4" call as well

That dry slot was expected, good call by the NAM 36 hours ago, especially I-70 south. Have about 3 inches. It will fade out as the evening progresses with a gentle decline into the night.

Frankly, just to show how bad the jet stream got out of whack, the next arctic clipper goes across.................southern Canada on the 15th. Uh, you supposed to do that in November you goof ball.

Update, took several measurements and I have an average of 3.75" now and two of those fell in the last 2 hours (3 to 5pm) and still snowing just at hard!  Has anyone thought there might be some thunder snow when that deeper moisture in W.KY gets here and the cold air holds out tonight? 

13 minutes ago, HighTechEE said:

Update, took several measurements and I have an average of 3.75" now and two of those fell in the last 2 hours (3 to 5pm) and still snowing just at hard!  Has anyone thought there might be some thunder snow when that deeper moisture in W.KY gets here and the cold air holds out tonight? 

Probably not. Another dry slot is likely.