• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Bobby Orr
    Newest Member
    Bobby Orr
Steve

Let's Talk Winter!!

I'd say close to 2" here on the SE side of Dayton as well, maybe 2.5" as grass almost covered, but it was pretty wet most of the day until it got down into the upper 20s late this afternoon.

• Like 1

I’m laughably surprised that 2-4” somehow worked out for a large chunk of Ohio (ok maybe more like 1.5-3”).  But of course it literally did nothing on the roads. 

10 minutes ago, OHweather said:

I’m laughably surprised that 2-4” somehow worked out for a large chunk of Ohio (ok maybe more like 1.5-3”).  But of course it literally did nothing on the roads. 

Ha! That's the best kind of snow!

8 hours ago, chuckster2012 said:

Next system on Thursday p.m. looks like Ohio could get a pretty good front end snow dump before change to rain for so. 2/3 of state..

If only the Euro and Candadian models were on board even a little bit :facepalm:

40 minutes ago, Buckeye1994 said:

If only the Euro and Candadian models were on board even a little bit :facepalm:

Euro never bought into it, and still isn't.   Canadian originally bought into it but moved away towards the euro.   If it was just the euro alone I would still give this hope but the Canadian moving into the euro camp puts a lot more credibility in this being a non event.   I suspect the GFS will cave in the coming runs. 

On a separate note, that follow up cutter needs to be watched for our first possible severe threat of the season.

1 hour ago, chuckster2012 said:

Both GFS and Nam calling for a little over 2" Thursday night for southern half of Indiana, Ohio. Last one?

Doubtful but I hope so.  By March I am done with winter.

1 hour ago, chuckster2012 said:

Both GFS and Nam calling for a little over 2" Thursday night for southern half of Indiana, Ohio. Last one?

The FV3 says nope! lol

snod.conus.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HighTechEE said:

We didn't even get a quarter of a skiff! (and 2 to 4" modeled 3 days prior).

Ended up with 3.5" . Very narrow band and I was right under it for once. Of course, most has already melted..

• Like 1

So my grade for the winter, is going to be a D. The expectation followed by the lack of major storms. The only reason I'm not going with an F is due to the deform bands we had in January with the system. Hopefully next winter is our winter. 

See y'all next November, barring major severe outbreak. Enjoy your spring and summer!

Just now, chuckster2012 said:

Ha! GFS saying winter might not be over after all! Latest run has moisture overrunning backdoor cold front bringing a couple inches of snow to much of area next weekend... 

I just noticed that LOL, heavy snows S. Ill/IND thru KY in the Sun/Mon/Tues time frame next week.