Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Fall 2018

pasnownut

10 hours ago, sauss06 said:

I hope you're correct! 

He may be.  Looking at overnight blend and early am suggest a slightly more southerly track as only GEPS has come slightly north.  Surely not out of the woods but precip max is well south of our area and remains similar from yesterday.  The unfortunate part is that this really wants to just hang out until a frontal boundary looks to push it east mid next week.  So while we may further pad totals, the long duration should help to keep from major flooding concerns being realized IMO.

17 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

He may be.  Looking at overnight blend and early am suggest a slightly more southerly track as only GEPS has come slightly north.  Surely not out of the woods but precip max is well south of our area and remains similar from yesterday.  The unfortunate part is that this really wants to just hang out until a frontal boundary looks to push it east mid next week.  So while we may further pad totals, the long duration should help to keep from major flooding concerns being realized IMO.

Fortunately for us, it does look less likely we see significant impacts up here. Unfortunately, our win is gonna be someone else's loss...

28 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

8 minutes ago, maytownpawx said:

Fortunately for us, it does look less likely we see significant impacts up here. Unfortunately, our win is gonna be someone else's loss...

After looking at things this morning, I agree with all of you. 

Just now, maytownpawx said:

Tru dat.

We are all saturated n soggy.  While NC is in crosshairs, my hope is that it gets in and gets out in a more expeditious fashion.

It isn't outside the realm of possibilities that it can still do a lot of damage once it becomes extra-tropical in nature.  We've seen that before, and early next week is the next period to focus on.  

As currently modeled, I could see the frontal boundary mid next week being quite wet as it collides w/ What Flo Was and pulls her outta here.  Thats way too far out to hold much if any merit, but its bouncing around the hamster wheel in my head..

10 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

We have had just occasional light rain down here near the Harrisburg area today.

i don’t think we have seen the sun since last Thursday or Friday.

at least we don't have the oppressive heat.  Just need to drop the other H.  Looks like frontal boundary mid next week ushers in relief.

Looking at the last couple model cycles, it looks like the MA forum put up the Hurricane defense shield as it retrogrades west right around us and then heads into NY.  Pretty crazy. 

Nut 

1 hour ago, maytownpawx said:

Well if you have over 52" on the year them stars are aligning a lot...:)

1 hour ago, pasnownut said:

Was thinking the same thing.  He's the best misser i know.

Voyager should change his name to Copernicus.

Onto the next miss........

What we miss on is the exciting rains and events. Since the rainy season started on July 21st. many areas have had out and out deluges. We, on the other hand, were mostly on the moderate side. Duration, and not intensity is what got my location to where it is.

I'd rather an intense deluge than a long, drawn out, dismal event.

17 minutes ago, Voyager said:

What we miss on is the exciting rains and events. Since the rainy season started on July 21st. many areas have had out and out deluges. We, on the other hand, were mostly on the moderate side. Duration, and not intensity is what got my location to where it is.

No I understand what your intent was and I couldn't pass up the opening you gave me to throw a little dig at you. How are you feeling? 

Speaking of drawn out dismal, I wonder if the fog/mist will ever leave?...

29 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I/we get it.  Like maytown said, just bustin ya.  I guess the reality is that MOST of us are in the normal camp and share extremes on rare occasion.  Just dont think you are as "jipped" as you sometimes let off.

Hope your all healed up.  Winters coming and you need to be ready to shovel :P

I knew you guys were. How could you not resist considering how much I complain? :lol:

As for me, I'm feeling much better. Still sore sometimes, but my overall health feels much better. Who knew how bad an overactive thyroid could make you feel? I sure didn't. I'm sleeping better, I have a crazy appetite right now, and I feel less tired and more energetic.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

We have had just occasional light rain down here near the Harrisburg area today.

i don’t think we have seen the sun since last Thursday or Friday.

Funny just said that to my wife. Crazy but I'll take this more than that dang heat. Hope we start seeing some Fall/Crisp weather soon. I am somewhat back from Hiatus looking forward to getting geared up in the couple of months. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Voyager said:

I knew you guys were. How could you not resist considering how much I complain? :lol:

As for me, I'm feeling much better. Still sore sometimes, but my overall health feels much better. Who knew how bad an overactive thyroid could make you feel? I sure didn't. I'm sleeping better, I have a crazy appetite right now, and I feel less tired and more energetic.

That's good to hear. Hope your driving stuff works out OK, was sad to hear the hours were so few. 

17 minutes ago, canderson said:

That's good to hear. Hope your driving stuff works out OK, was sad to hear the hours were so few. 

Yeah. It was feast or famine, but mostly famine. I had one four day work week, and the rest were two or three. Can't earn a living that way. Relying on the general public to book charters is risky business. 

Hauling freight has some slow times, bit is still more consistent.

Now for some weather to keep on topic. Looking at my CTP forecast, Sunday appears to be the only nice day for awhile as clouds and showers return next Monday for most of next week.