Newest Member
    joxey
March 12th - 13th The It's Not Coming Storm Part 2

Rjay

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, NJwx85 said:

He also didn't mention Boxing Day which gave 20" amounts to a large portion of Western LI.

Or Feb '06 which was over 2 feet in the immediate metro area. Feb 2010 and Jan 2011 as well and many other double digit storms. The last 15 years has been a Golden Area of snow for the coast, no question that the coasties have been spoiled.

1 hour ago, jbenedet said:

Not bad in terms of qpf but I think this is high all around, particularly factoring in BL temps and when precip is lighter....

I forecasted a minimal event for LI and basically a non-event for NYC. I think the high end is around 6" with this...

When does the NWS usually drop the winter storm warnings? NWS calling for 4 to 7 here but only the 3k NAM has as much as 5.

Just now, USCG RS said:
1 minute ago, EastonSN+ said:
Thanks. Unless they are seeing something we are not 

I honestly doubt they drop wsw for Suffolk

The could possibly drop Western Suffolk from the Warning, but I think that's highly unlikely. Most guidance gives at least the Eastern 2/3rds of Suffolk warning criteria snowfall.

1 minute ago, Ericjcrash said:

You can see the Northern stream act as a kicker.

It's not really kicking the storm East. If that was a true kicker, this storm would have missed Boston. 

The problem with this system from the beginning is that it's always wavered between a glancing blow and a total miss. A big hit for the entire forum was never really on the table for this one, at least not in the last several days.

You can see the naked swirl S of HSE as weakening convection peels away (click on gif if it doesn't loop). A lot of guidance is moving the low w/ that cluster of showers but I suspect we'll see trends away from that. Already some hints of a more dominant western low on past few runs of HRRR, HRRRx and RAP.  

CODNEXLAB-GOES16-subregional-Carolinas-truecolor-14_42Z-20180312_map-8-1n-10-100.thumb.gif.dfaf11a660473c0156b97269ca6109c6.gif

• BxEngine unpinned and pinned this topic
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic

Archived