Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October 29-30th Intense Storm From Tropics Discussions & Observations

bluewave

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, NJwx85 said:

This storm has blockbuster written all over it. 

Negatively tilted trough with an influx of tropical moisture along the strengthening LLJ.

Reminds me of this beauty

032309.png

It all depends on where the tropical low ends up. To see the strong winds we need the low to crash into NJ.

11 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

It's a little early to say this will be a Blockbuster. I think we'll get a decent storm out of this but it'll probably be comparable to a nor'easter.

I think it will be worse than a typical noreaster. This storm is going to absorb tropical moisture from the tropical system down south.

1 minute ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Could anyone explain the lack of NE winds ascociated or prolonged NE winds for that matter, I thought for sure this would be our first “nor’easter” but the winds don’t appear to follow suite 

If the track of the SLP is close enough to the coast then we will get into the stronger winds, the Euro track would result in a strong Southeasterly feed at the coast. The GFS on the other hand is too far offshore.

1 hour ago, SnoSki14 said:

Now if this plays out like what the gfs shows then this will be similar to a moderate nor'easter. 

Strongest winds would probably occur after the low passes through. 

The 18z GFS was a bit closer to the Euro solution. Interestingly it dumps 13"+ over portions of Central New England.

• Rjay pinned this topic
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic

Archived