• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fall Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

Absurdly nice day and night, poured some People's Pint offerings for the fine people attending the Great Falls Harvest Festival in Turners Falls MA.  I've done this festival for the past five years and it was an absolute epic turnout today, thousands of people for peak foliage weekend and summer temperatures.    Blew through 4 kegs (1/2 barrels) in 5 hours and packed out with 2 hours still to go. 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're given information that a sample of air is saturated at a given temperature at a given pressure level, how would you go about calculating the mixing ratio?  That is the only variable I think I would need assuming I'm using the correct equation.  I'm playing through several different possibilities here including one that involves knowing its saturated so the RH must be 100% but I'm trying to get mixing ratio but I would need to know saturation mixing ratio and vapor pressure.  

16 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

If you're given information that a sample of air is saturated at a given temperature at a given pressure level, how would you go about calculating the mixing ratio?  That is the only variable I think I would need assuming I'm using the correct equation.  I'm playing through several different possibilities here including one that involves knowing its saturated so the RH must be 100% but I'm trying to get mixing ratio but I would need to know saturation mixing ratio and vapor pressure.  

Is it actually cheating if you just look at a thermodynamic diagram and find the mixing ratio which corresponds to the temperature at the desired pressure level?  Maybe this is the only way to go about this?  Been reading through lecture notes and looking online and finding nada

10 hours ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Since I’m back in DC for a week and there’s not much to discuss weather wise, can somebody please let me know how the GOP can even think about floating this idea??

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/theres-talk-of-capping-401k-contributions-at-2400-per-year-2017-10-20

That’s one proposal of how to pay (make up for lost tax revenue) for tax cuts. We’ll see

It was a great season for the Yanks but will probably fall short....bats dont have it tonight, barring an Astros choke job. They are ahead of schedule anyway so this run was a bonus. They’ve built it back up the right way, even Yankee haters don’t have much to pick on. With a stacked farm system.....more title runs to come. 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I love it. Never thought I would say that. I wish summer were 75 day and 40s at night.

Sensible appeal is nice....but bees flying around and lawn mowers cranking is getting old. I wish insect and plant life would die....I want to smell chimney smoke amidst a crisp fall breeze. I'm so sick of people enjoying themselves outdoors.

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Sensible appeal is nice....but bees flying around and lawn mowers cranking is getting old. I wish insect and plant life would die....I want to smell chimney smoke amidst a crisp fall breeze. I'm so sick of people enjoying themselves outdoors.

Tip, is that you?

7 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Nothing beats the slow walk from the hot tub to the house and being able to air dry outside

10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Novel concept. A few signings too.

That is how you do it....supplement player development with a signing here or there. Not vice versa.  When you acquire a player, you also acquire a state of mind, which is largely modulated by the stage they are at in their career. This, in addition to physical decline is why player development is so crucial to success and sustainability of a franchise.

Archived