joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Convective Thread

weatherwiz

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think much of CT is going to be cooked for severe potential except outside of the coast.  Also, despite very high CAPE Ncape values only 0.1 so Cape is very skinny...PWATS up around 1.8' so yeah flooding is def going to be a concern.  What might be a tad interesting, however, is storm motion may be somewhere inbetween of being parallel and perdendicular to the mean flow (like at a 45 degree angle.  Wonder if that could locally enhance llvl shear a bit?

8 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I think much of CT is going to be cooked for severe potential except outside of the coast.  Also, despite very high CAPE Ncape values only 0.1 so Cape is very skinny...PWATS up around 1.8' so yeah flooding is def going to be a concern.  What might be a tad interesting, however, is storm motion may be somewhere inbetween of being parallel and perdendicular to the mean flow (like at a 45 degree angle.  Wonder if that could locally enhance llvl shear a bit?

Sure go against SPC and more importantly what all the good mets here are saying 

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Sure go against SPC and more importantly what all the good mets here are saying 

The boundary is already pushing through northeastern CT and continues to drift SW at a decent clip.  The main energy is still back well off to the west.  It is advancing east at a decent clip but the SW progression of the BDCF is exceeding the eastward progression of the energy.  Southern CT is still in the game but the northern half I think is cooked.  I suppose it is possible that a rouge cell could ride right along the boundary.  

the BD front is gathering momentum at this hour.  We've have an acceleration of the NE flowing wind field up here over the last hour ( near ORH) and ORH's temp has also slipped below 60.

KCEF is just over to 080 at 13 kts and should see a temp shed take place pretty quick here -    it's coming

7 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

the BD front is gathering momentum at this hour.  We've have an acceleration of the NE flowing wind field up here over the last hour ( near ORH) and ORH's temp has also slipped below 60.

KCEF is just over to 080 at 13 kts and should see a temp shed take place pretty quick here -    it's coming

Storms starting to pop to the SW of ORH near Sturbridge

8 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

When this pocket of enhanced 0-6km shear arrives there will be some explosive t'storms somewhere

shr6.gif?1499967178752

it's a race...  you may not make it...   BD is moving fast right now... CEF just went from 88 to 75 in 10 minutes!  ..there are some storms already firing though of the airmass variety.  Also, the stuff along the S tier of NYS is sort of organized synoptically at this point and will probably come through as elevated junk over the mid to late afternoon. 

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

it's a race...  you may not make it...   BD is moving fast right now... CEF just went from 88 to 75 in 10 minutes!

I'm hoping down in Waterbury area they will have a better chance lol.  I'll be leaving WeHa in like 20-30 min.  Luckily my seat is right next to a window. 

6 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I'm hoping down in Waterbury area they will have a better chance lol.  I'll be leaving WeHa in like 20-30 min.  Luckily my seat is right next to a window. 

yeah...ur pretty deep down there ...may not make it to you until 4 to 6 pm somewhere... but, before that happens there's a meso-beta scaled organized wave on the boundary that's propagating a pretty potent shield of mover elevated action about to move into western Ma/NW CT anyway... 

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

The boundary is already pushing through northeastern CT and continues to drift SW at a decent clip.  The main energy is still back well off to the west.  It is advancing east at a decent clip but the SW progression of the BDCF is exceeding the eastward progression of the energy.  Southern CT is still in the game but the northern half I think is cooked.  I suppose it is possible that a rouge cell could ride right along the boundary.  

You want to be on the front or north of it a bit . There's going to be several TORs this afternoon 

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You want to be on the front or north of it a bit . There's going to be several TORs this afternoon 

You don't want to be north of this front. You aren't going to be getting TORs at 60/59. If anything does spin up crossing the front it's going to be short lived because shear is not allowing them to ride the boundary.

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Not ORH north . I said just north of it

And I'm saying the air mass anywhere north of this front is it conducive for torndoes. You ideally want a modified warm front with warm moist air separated from deeper moisture. Not this garbage.

South of the front, have at it. Let your weenie flag fly. Just enough shear moving in for something fun. 

Archived