• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

Sweet spot synoptically is I81 corridor. I'd imagine lake will be creating a sweet spot of its own along I90. Great run. There were apparently some dropsondes in there, as well. Leading to a more confident fcst. However, we are still 48-60 hrs out, which is inside the NAMs expertise but outside any sort of real confidence. The lake probably boosts confidence to over 50% on a 6" snowfall for kroc. 

Using my super secret confidence scale. Lol. It revolves around gut instinct, the latest model run, and however many beers ive consumed. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if it doesn't phase, we still have the midwest low and lake enhancement. Hey, a 3-6" storm is pretty sweet this time of year. But of course, I too want the 2 footer. We got time for the models to come to agreement. There are knowledgeable folks on line that just cant believe that gfs run didn't phase. 

The Canadian LP is also west of where it was at 12z run. So lets wait before throwing in the towel. A lot depends on the midwest low. If the Euro caves. We can give up. But, things havent changed that much. QPF output is kinda secondary right now. But I didn't like the GEM. Or the GFS. On a moist NE flow, we at least get a few inches of fluff. The Canadian gives areas south of erie quite a bit. No?

Unfortunately, GEFS is east. No big phase. Lower totals than even GFS. And no, I don't have the totals. I can just tell from the maps. We will have to rely on the midwest low and lake effect if this is correct. Big storm for Long Island and Cape Cod. UGH. Dang. 

Euro could still surprise us. But as usual, I bet its earlier runs set the pace. Not OTS, but close. Good night. 

Archived