joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 13-14 Storm

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Good amount of grauple then sleet at the peek of the superstorm meant drifting no better than 2'

It rained in SEPA for a good amount of time too, the only time I didn't mind a change over because when it did it was epic!

The size of the flakes, wind gusts, so much fun.

2 minutes ago, Violentweatherfan said:

It rained in SEPA for a good amount of time too, the only time I didn't mind a change over because when it did it was epic!

Man I wished I lived through that storm. Last years January storm was awesome, but there wasn't really any wind. If this storm on Tuesday can produce with wind, I don't care how much accumulation I get.

21 minutes ago, Violentweatherfan said:

Somewhere if I can find it I kept a log during that storm was aware Philly changed to rain but don't think I went to rain in Horsham not that far NW

Just now, greenskeeper said:

Harleysville (Lansdale) went to rain for about 6 hours during that storm. All of the rain soaked snow then turned to solid ice once the cold came through. I got stuck on 422 for 14 hours and then had to chisel my driveway clear for the next 2 days.  

That right there is the reason I will get up and shovel (even if it's 3am) because if Tuesday switches from snow to rain, that stuff is going to be MASSIVELY heavy.

4 minutes ago, greenskeeper said:

Harleysville (Lansdale) went to rain for about 6 hours during that storm. All of the rain soaked snow then turned to solid ice once the cold came through. I got stuck on 422 for 14 hours and then had to chisel my driveway clear for the next 2 days.  

yes, i remember sledding on the local golf course and it was like an ice rink...my buddy broke his leg because there was (a) no way to steer and (b) no way to stop :o

2 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Also a noticeable cluster well off the coast ala CMC. Still nervous about a late January 1987 redux where SE of the Delaware River gets smoked while NW of there are much lighter amounts.

I'll take a miss of all precip (or far less) rather than mostly 33 and rain.

9 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Also a noticeable cluster well off the coast ala CMC. Still nervous about a late January 1987 redux where SE of the Delaware River gets smoked while NW of there are much lighter amounts.

Is that a different storm than the great MECS that hit us with 12"?

4 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

There was one Jan 21-22 that crushed interior. Then a second storm Jan 26ish that crushed areas Southeast. The latter scenario is the one that is playing out in the back of my mind.

Right found it, just three days later winter storm warning for 4-8" and maybe bigger but was downgraded ended up with 3". Expressed my crushed hopes in my log too lol.

After 87 I stopped keeping a log, the 80's winters took a toll and the early 90's didn't help

I'm hearing this storm may resemble mid Feb '14 storm. I hope not since down here we rotted in a dry slot and never flipped to snow. Weird event with lightning hitting the ocean right as my buddy and I were paddling out to surf. Scared the sh!t out of us be we were ok. 

Euro really puts us on the fence. Blend it with GFS and we are toasted. There is serious cold to work with so maybe we get a good thump before rain. Like Jonas 

I'm just as worried about it hugging the coast too closely and giving rain/mix to much of the area as I am about it missing East.  It's so far out yet......but that's what makes our little hobby fun ;)  I did put a vacation day in for Tuesday.....first time I've done that in 2 years due to potential snow.  (the big one last year was Friday night so no need...)

Archived