Newest Member
    joxey
2017 General Severe Weather thread

downeastnc

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, downeastnc said:

Yeah when did Mack become jshetley lol....

The cell south of me down here in the east is getting nasty looking and headed my way....

I guess RDU feels the rotations are too broad to warn, but I imagine wind damage is occurring in all these cells....

Seems lately they have been reluctant to pull the trigger on tornado warnings

1 minute ago, downeastnc said:

Yeah when did Mack become jshetley lol....

The cell south of me down here in the east is getting nasty looking and headed my way....

I guess RDU feels the rotations are too broad to warn, but I imagine wind damage is occurring in all these cells....

Hell, I didn't want tornadoes, just rain! :(

9 minutes ago, Dunkman said:

At the risk of beating a dead horse, what's going on with that Sanford cell not being warned. Rotation even seems to have tightened up. I guess it goes to show that I don't always know what I'm supposed to be looking for.

It's a faux hook at the moment -- Not much rotation associated with the storm. Likely due to the lack of low level shear (1km shear). However, it does have a very nice classic supercell appearance on reflectivity.

yHy17jW4SOWSI9rUkivhzw.png

1 minute ago, Disc said:

It's a faux hook at the moment -- Not much rotation associated with the storm. Likely due to the lack of low level (1km shear). However, it does look like a nasty classic supercell on reflectivity.

yHy17jW4SOWSI9rUkivhzw.png

Yeah its tough to see on Radarscope just how tight the rotation was with that one its looks a lot less menacing now than it did 30 mins ago....the cell NE of Siler City starting to look like it might try to get a rotation going....

3 minutes ago, downeastnc said:

Yeah its tough to see on Radarscope just how tight the rotation was with that one its looks a lot less menacing now than it did 30 mins ago....the cell NE of Siler City starting to look like it might try to get a rotation going....

That cell would be more likely to produce because it's along the boundary, but it is running out of time. It is running towards Chapel Hill, which is 66 with NE winds.

6 minutes ago, downeastnc said:

It looked very tight to me about 35 minutes ago. Clearly not so much now. Like I said I don't really know. They definitely do. I was just confused.

1 minute ago, Cold Rain said:

There must be an incredible amount of lightening with the storm in southern Wake.  It has not stopped thundering for 10 minutes.  Not even a one second pause.

Hail marker on it is huge too. Interested to see what the storm reports end up being on that storm. It's a monster.

Archived