Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 12-13 Storm Threat

UlsterCountySnowZ

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, USCG RS said:

A 50-75 mile shift and nyc is in for a good hit and long island gets smoked.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

It'll take a miracle for a real storm to happen SW of Bridgeport. The Euro tonight seemed to be really good for SNE including Boston but it seems to just focus on that area vs extending to us. The trough has to dig a good bit more and I don't see that happening this close in. Maybe eastern LI can get swiped if the aggressive models get a little better. 

It'll take a miracle for a real storm to happen SW of Bridgeport. The Euro tonight seemed to be really good for SNE including Boston but it seems to just focus on that area vs extending to us. The trough has to dig a good bit more and I don't see that happening this close in. Maybe eastern LI can get swiped if the aggressive models get a little better. 

Euro was a good hit for SNE North. I still personally think the trough isn't quite modeled correctly yet, but time will tell.

I'm not that interested in Sun night/Monday-that one's for north of I-84, interior SNE, Boston, maybe the twin forks and Maine. I'm more interested in the late week event if the pattern comes together. 

All the ingredients are there for that one.

I'm not that interested in Sun night/Monday-that one's for north of I-84, interior SNE, Boston, maybe the twin forks and Maine. I'm more interested in the late week event if the pattern comes together. 

For the record... Euro came significantly SW. I'm not convinced this is done trending

So are we to hang our hat with 2 days left to the event  ? I mean the RGEM did pretty well with the last storm  and I think it would be wise to see what that says tomorrow , maybe I am wrong as I am pretty new to all this but The Nam also had it and it has done very well this season.Are you guys saying this cannot come MORE South and west ? No way this hits below 84 or even the Tap ?

So are we to hang our hat with 2 days left to the event  ? I mean the RGEM did pretty well with the last storm  and I think it would be wise to see what that says tomorrow , maybe I am wrong as I am pretty new to all this but The Nam also had it and it has done very well this season.Are you guys saying this cannot come MORE South and west ? No way this hits below 84 or even the Tap ?

It depends on the commentator here. Each has their own thoughts and opinions, most of them educated and valid. JM, a very good poster, tends to believe, as per his latest comment, that this will not trend SW. I tend to believe that this will trend another 50-75 miles SW and that the surface Lp will come off the SNJ coast / Delmarva region. Time will tell.

National Weather Service in Albany has issued a Winter Storm
Watch...which is in effect from Sunday morning through Monday
evening.

* LOCATIONS...Ulster and Dutchess counties in New York and
  Litchfield County Connecticut

* HAZARD TYPES...Heavy Snow along with some sleet.

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...Greater than 7 inches of snow possible.

* TIMING...Snow overspreads the area Sunday morning and is
  expected to taper off late Sunday night into Monday morning.

* IMPACTS...Snow covered roads and poor visibilities. Winds will
  increase becoming strong and gusty late Sunday night through
  Monday causing blowing and drifting of snow.

Archived