Newest Member
    joxey
Farewell 2016 Event Observations

moneypitmike

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I don't know about you, but I was up all night waiting for that Rindge, NH report. Just couldn't sleep. 

I mean....3"+...like Dave, ok...nice little grab.

But 1-2 " of slop on hill tops in the dead of winter?

At this risk of sounding unprofessional and unscientific.."who cares".....

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I mean....3"+...like Dave, ok...nice little grab.

But 1-2 " of slop on hill tops?

At this risk of sounding unprofessional and unscientific.."who cares".....

We know after all these years if it doesn't snow in EMA it's who cares.

Nice to see the 20 to 30 inch depth across NH and Maine. Deep deep winter  NNE winter.

1 hour ago, White Rain said:

Picked up 1/2" here. The way it was snowing it looked like it should have accumulated 4" but it was just a little to warm to stick efficiently. Stuck to the road better than the trees.possible it stuck more to the existing pack

Def good elevation gradient. A bit over an inch on winter hill at 900+ feet. Also I think being west of the spine of ORH hills was prob an advantage in this one like where hunchback is...our reports to the east of the spine would be expected to be a bit lower with the SW flow. They prob did well right on the spine too around Rutland and the Princeton ridge. 

But I think elevation def played the biggest role. 

13 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

We know after all these years if it doesn't snow in EMA it's who cares.

Nice to see the 20 to 30 inch depth across NH and Maine. Deep deep winter  NNE winter.

I don't think I have complained once all season.....but the NNE blizzard was a pleasure to forecast. Find someone to support your fabricated assertion. 

Last night? Lame....glad I missex on the inch of slop bc I would have rather avoided it Thursday night...nuisance mess.

44 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Never even took it off the trailer last year, Felt good to get back on the horse.

IMG_1376.JPG

Nice. We are about to head out for first family ride. It will be the boy's first time on his own sled on the trails. They are bumpy and a bit thin but we ride nonetheless!

2 hours ago, dryslot said:

Have fun Mark

We did have fun. Rode about 15 miles. Carter did a fine job. The worst spot was about a half mile of potato field. The trail crosses the furrows diagonally. Frickin awful lol. Need more snow and some cold to freeze things up. I suppose you guys are pretty good after the fleet got out and groomed. 

We did have fun. Rode about 15 miles. Carter did a fine job. The worst spot was about a half mile of potato field. The trail crosses the furrows diagonally. Frickin awful lol. Need more snow and some cold to freeze things up. I suppose you guys are pretty good after the fleet got out and groomed. 

Sounds like how the trails wee here yesterday could not go faster the 30 mph without getting the snot knocked out of you, Glad the boy did well, Good experience, Trails are shaping up they got the bombi out and the piston bully out

19 hours ago, dryslot said:

2.0" here, 40.40" for december

Had 1.5" fluff on 0.08" LE, but only T by my 9 PM obs time, so Dec ends at 39.9".  So awful that we didn't make 40. :weep:

Local club's Cherokee-on-tracks pulling the drag got paunched trying to climb thru the snowbank at the end of our road, and of course the winch that worked just fine when tested earlier failed this time.  Three of us and 45 minutes with snow shovels and all was well, at which point I went back in to finish lunch.

1 minute ago, tamarack said:

Had 1.5" fluff on 0.08" LE, but only T by my 9 PM obs time, so Dec ends at 39.9".  So awful that we didn't make 40. :weep:

Local club's Cherokee-on-tracks pulling the drag got paunched trying to climb thru the snowbank at the end of our road, and of course the winch that worked just fine when tested earlier failed this time.  Three of us and 45 minutes with snow shovels and all was well, at which point I went back in to finish lunch.

Nice to get all this snow, But hanging up the groomers in the high snowbanks with drag in tow, Not much fun

Archived