• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY/North Country + adjacent ON, QC, VT: Fall into Winter!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I couldnt ask for anything more than this.  Probably the best lake enhanced snowfall I've ever experienced since I've lived here. We are up to about 7 inches now and ratios have really increased over the last few hours as temps have dropped down to 27.  It is absolutely pouring snow and now with the lighter consistency blowing is also a major concern.

I just took a little cruise around the area and its pretty wild out there.  During my half hour drive on highways, major roads, and backroads I never saw a single plow....uh  oh.  It's pretty much a nightmare out there.  I'm guessing they didnt have trucks ready or the trucks are still in leaf cleanup mode.  Tomorrow mornings commute is going to be ridiculous, lolz. 

Still looks like a lot of moisture pinwheeling back around the low which is what has really put Rochester in the game and enhanced the snow through the evening.  If you watch the IR satellite you can track the little pockets of increased energy and moisture as they drop south and interact with the lake.  

This may well be the best thing that happens to me for the whole season... 

3 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Advisory hoisted for Niagara...
Buffalo is getting the shaft hard tonight!
3fafc42480f60b05d5017ae518c6af1c.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm happy for the ROC crew, glad they are cashing in.. radar looks good for another foot which should bring totals close to 2 ft!

8.3" as of 10pm @ the airport.

9 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Advisory hoisted for Niagara...
Buffalo is getting the shaft hard tonight!
3fafc42480f60b05d5017ae518c6af1c.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NW flow is the worst for the city and immediate burbs. I don't think I've seen the entire state with a warning/advs aside from Buffalo though. I think it's a first.

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

NW flow is the worst for the city and immediate burbs. I don't think I've seen the entire state with a warning/advs aside from Buffalo though. I think it's a first.

LOL, that really is incredible.  This is what buffalo gets for the November 2014 storm when we all sat on the sidelines and had our minds blown.  

13 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

LOL, that really is incredible.  This is what buffalo gets for the November 2014 storm when we all sat on the sidelines and had our minds blown.  

Haha I can't complain. I'm enjoying following it with everyone else. Colden about 15 mins east of me has 8" of snow. Just a little globe around us this time.

Quite the gradient...just measured 3" here. Radar looked very impressive most of the evening but rates here were mostly unimpressive. Probably the snow was being blown past us and deposited further south (Gates and ROC apparently). Enjoy!

We did have the obligatory "when someone sneezes the power goes out" outage for good measure.

Chris

1 hour ago, DeltaT13 said:

The one that stopped a mile south of downtown? Most of the actual population of metro Buffalo were in the same boat as you. This what it looked like from Lasalle for days (and didn't get much closer):

TkBdp7y.jpg

For real, this has been a years long shaft for central Buffalo and northtowns.

Archived