joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2016 Mountains & Foothills Fall & Winter Thread

nchighcountrywx

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

very surprised Buncombe County schools aren't closing at 1, snowing very hard in West Asheville and temps have dropped to 33, its going to be an ice rink when the buses start running with temps dropping all day. it was 37 at 5am this morning and have dropped since, at this rate it will be below 32 very shortly.

3 hours ago, fritschy said:

very surprised Buncombe County schools aren't closing at 1, snowing very hard in West Asheville and temps have dropped to 33, its going to be an ice rink when the buses start running with temps dropping all day. it was 37 at 5am this morning and have dropped since, at this rate it will be below 32 very shortly.

Yeah, well I noticed they canceled some training at the county office this evening. I was worried about the kids getting out in time as well. I think schools may be canceled tomorrow. Regardless of what we get here the roads are wet and it is already below freezing. Probably going to be some nasty icy spots in the morning.

7 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Meh temps are dropping off through the day.

Haha, well I am definitely not complaining! Nice to have something over perform in our favor here regardless of how minor. Hope you guys are getting wrecked higher up.

12 minutes ago, Silas Lang said:

Yeah, well I noticed they canceled some training at the county office this evening. I was worried about the kids getting out in time as well. I think schools may be canceled tomorrow. Regardless of what we get here the roads are wet and it is already below freezing. Probably going to be some nasty icy spots in the morning.

Haha, well I am definitely not complaining! Nice to have something over perform in our favor here regardless of how minor. Hope you guys are getting wrecked higher up.

Thanks bud. Will keep everyone posted. 

Archived