Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Fall Thread

dryslot

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

This is escalating nicely...can rip out 1"/hr fluff with this.

North of here in the heart of that band has to be 2-3/hr based on what I'm seeing here with flake size.

Dec_8b.gif

Looks like I-89 at the Franklin?Chittenden county line is getting a bit of a beat down.

watching the radar, it's like a slow north-south strafing of the spine with this band of 1-2" hour snow.  keep it coming. it's looking decent for the afternoon.  no dusting here.

Come to Winooski where we got a very quick 0.8. Colchester ave was about the southern edge of it in Burlington.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, adk said:

What's funny, is that this isn't even close to what happens on the tug in true LES country. Watching 4-5" hr snowfall rates is downright scary. 

It's close now.  Maybe 1/8sm vis.

Cant see the base lodge for the first time I can remember from my office.  

3-4"/hr I bet.

15355726_10102765423715570_7087710384134

5 minutes ago, eyewall said:

Come to Winooski where we got a very quick 0.8. Colchester ave was about the southern edge of it in Burlington.

i'm under a mile south of you and we got half that at most.

46 minutes ago, ono said:

hey PF do you check on the Mansfield stake regularly, or not so much- it is a little bit out of the way if memory serves.  how do they compare in your experience?

Compare how?  The Mansfield Stake is usually pretty close to my depth at 3000ft but often a couple inches higher.  

They measure snow up on the ridge in a precipitation can and their liquid amounts seem fine somehow but the snowfall seems low due to undercatch.  They definitely average lower ratios than I see.

Archived