joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Obs

mackerel_sky

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is it that there are frost advisories for the entire state of AL and GA except for us down here in south GA, then they continue all across N Florida?

Better radiational cooling I'm guessing with the high pressure directly over N FL. None of the models I see even have temperatures close to what NWS JAX and NWS Tallahassee are forecasting for Florida. They are forecasting temperatures 6-12 degrees colder than the models even after taking a blend of them. Should be interesting to see how this ends up tomorrow morning.

I say the first week of April, we may see some 30s, don't know if it'll hit freezing again imby though .

looking way way out on the 6z GFS it would have us in a cold pattern in early April.

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/Image.php?image=data%2Fgfs%2F06%2Fgfs_namer_348_850_temp_mslp_precip.gif&model=gfs&area=namer&storm=&cycle=06&param=850_temp_mslp_precip&fhr=348&group=Model+Guidance&imageSize=M&preselected_formatted_cycle_date=20160322+06+UTC&ps=model&use_mins=no&scrollx=0&scrolly=0

Archived