joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Storm March 1st-2nd (Part 2)

Powerball

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ssc, not sure if you recall that "storm" we had back in Feb of last year I think, where we had plates most of the storm and were super disappointed, but shockingly ended up with 10".... as underwhelming as pixie dust is, it does tend to accumulate pretty nicely.

But personally, I'd take 6" from dendrite rippage over 12" of a pixie dust storm any day, but you take what you can get.

ssc, not sure if you recall that "storm" we had back in Feb of last year I think, where we had plates most of the storm and were super disappointed, but shockingly ended up with 10".... as underwhelming as pixie dust is, it does tend to accumulate pretty nicely.

But personally, I'd take 6" from dendrite rippage over 12" of a pixie dust storm any day, but you take what you can get.

I remember the storm a couple weeks ago. The one that dumped on Ottawa. It was mostly fine plates here in Toronto but I did mention at the time how efficiently it was accumulating. So yeah, I see your point.

Visibility has been dropping last couple of refreshes of the cams. Looks like you're into moderate snow now.

Archived